cuc help

i was thinking of sand sifting star but i dont have a bunch of open sand so i didnt know how that would work out for me and not really keen on a sea cucumber cuz i have a haddon carpet nem is there anything else that would help clean the sand

right now i have 12 nassarius snails, 10 cerith snails, 10 nerite snails, 4 turbo snails, 4 blue leg hermits, 2 scarlet reef hermits, and 1 dwarf zebra hermit if this helps. also Marinne13 i have the same thing going on in my tank as do with the brown algae clean it off my rocks and 10 minutes its back again. just wondering how you are making out with that. and as far as the red sea star and sand sifting star how much sand do you need for them. i have about 1 1/2" of sand in my tank. thanks for the input everyone

I stopped doing WC's and blacked out for 48 hours...I have had lights on for two days at only a max 40% and not seen them so far

I have no idea what it was as it looked nothing like dinos

Please don't get a sand sifting star. They really do not do well long term in our tanks (even the mature ones).

I loved my fighting conchs in my big tank.

i am just looking for ideas erin and wasnt leaning tords one. but thanks for the input. my tank is doing so well dont want to put something in that i cant keep long term. the only bad thing i have had happen is my scooter blenny died on me i dont know what happen one day he was scooting around the tank the next day i came home from work and he was dead laying on the bottom of the tank i dont know if my coral banded shrimp did some thing or what happend but i miss him he was cool to watch move around the tank. right now just want to get of this brown algae that grows in a blink of an eye and just want to find something that can help sift the sand cuz i dont want to vac it anymore with the cerith snails for fear of sucking them out of the tank and loosing them. but i will look into the fighting conch and as far as the black out on the tank i just add new corals on thursday will the black effect them or will they be ok?

ok thanks for the input was going to do a water change tonight any how so i will start it tonight should i leave the lunar lights off as well?

The sand-sifting gobies are great for bigger tanks (they seem to cover more ground). And yes. Lunar lights off, too. And if your tank gets a lot of sunlight cover it as best you can.

yes on the sump light...I taped dark towels around my tank and put a shelf over the top but left the back half of the tank open for some oxygen

I would aim all your power heads towards the surface and if you have a skimmer run it wet

yes i have a skimmer and stared running it wet yesterday and add a filter tray to my sump saterday so if i need or want i can run filter floss. we keep the curtains closed in the living room where the tank is so should be good there. after 48 hrs and go to trun the lights back on how should i run them. i have a 4 bulb 48" t5 ho with 2 actinics, 1 purple +, and 1 10,000 k, it is programmable so i can set 2 different timers of each pair of bulbs witch are paired 1 actinic and purple plus and the other 10,000 k and actinic

for the first day after the blackout, just open the curtains and give them ambient light for the day. The next day I would do just 3 hours of lights and then add an hour each day until you reach what you were at

ok thanks for all the input from everyone i will keep you posted on how i make out with this but i have never an algae that grows this fast it is unreal im going to do some research and see if i can come up with anything on it

I have tried and tried to research it but couldn't find anything...sounded just like dinoflagellates but wasn't a slimy goo with bubbles, more spider web dark brown strings

Back