CUC ideas?!

jonsbabykake

Reefing newb
ok guys..me and my husband LOVE crabs. we have 2 hermits and an emerald crab. i did have another emerald crab but after day 1 i never saw him again so either he died or hes one massive crab lol

anyway, i already have too many fish in my tank (oops, i didnt know before hand) and CUC wont contribute to my bioload so shoot me some ideas for some crabbies! i have a 29g.

i dont mind snails either i guess, but to me theyre kinda boring. i have a tiger cowrie that i havent seen in months..a turbo and 2 other little ones. if u know some cool species for those too, go right ahead!

im open to starfish too, tho my husband is not quite as fond of them lol he doesnt care for brittles the most.

shrimp are good, we like shrimp! (to watch, not eat lol)

and whatever else i cant think of!

my skimmer does suck..i have a seaclone. but that wasnt my point. i want more life in my tank and since im too stocked on fish, i wanted some CUC suggestions that are fun :D

I Would have to suggest a couple of anemone crabs then and get a nice anemone that wont take up too much space

Last edited:
my tank isnt old enough for nems and frankly, i dont like them. the only way i would get them is like u suggested, on a crab lol perhaps a pom pom crab! (which ive never heard of til this forum!)

I love my nass snail and my herrmits. I also have tons of asterina stars and some astreas. Keeps me happy.and my tank clean. I would get turbos, too, but they get huge and clumsy; especially for my 10.

if you have been properly maintaining your sand bed, which is easy, just put in your nass snails, you really wont have any gasses.

The gasses really only show in up in deep sand beds that have been undisturbed for a long period of time and those gases are deadly.

The nass snails keep the top inch or so mixed which prevents the accumulation of gunk in there.

Back