CUC ideas?!

i think my big hermit went and murdered my little hermit. the big one is about double the size, they always wrestle and the big one turns the little one upside down and tries to dig it out but it never works...but i think i see some legs and a face on my sand..with some white crab meat...but i dont see its shell anywhere. what a brat.

It could be a molt. I usually have 1-2 every week or two. I leave them in, good food for all the pods and bristleworms and stuff.

lol very true, but i figured since i was seeing white/what could be meat that maybeee it wasnt a molt but, no shell, so it must be running around somewhere!

ok i did find it. guess they were just playing again. and other good news, my cowrie is still alive!! i havent seen it in monthsss, my husband found it upside down wedged between the sand and live rock, and then it wasnt there this morning. whatever hes doing in there it sure its worthless cuz he hasnt mowed my tanks lawn in ages!

ok im going to the LFS for my bday today...based on wut i know they have regularly i think i know wut im going to get.

nass snails for sand..i was thinking 2 for now but my husband is being a brat and only wants crab or shrimp, no more snails but its my bday ima do wut i want lol

if they have any today i might get 1 skunk cleaner shrimp...we had 2 in an old set up and man those things would breed like crazy!

some more hermit crabs..probably just 2. have 2 red legs so ill go for blue or anything else they might have.

IF i can convince the hubs i want a serpent or brittle star (he hates those)

i will see how these will do :)

ok heres wut i ended up coming home with today..

2 nass snails
1 fire shrimp
a monti frag and a ricordea frag

i wanted a brittle but he would not bend on that but he said he would rather have a serpent so thats good enough for me lol they just didnt have any at the moment..and there wasnt anymore good hermits today.

ill place an order online sometime for some cool crabs and maybe get some pods to go with it..and if maybe order the star from there.

went to a different place yesterday and picked up a serpent star and a hawaiian feather duster.

also, my husband wanted a dang sally light foot. to me it looked evil and i didnt want it but i let him get it against my better judgement lol when we got it home, he didnt realize HOW ugly and evil it looked so its like oh....and then he proceeded to check the book and its like, all negatived against it. so its not in our tank, right now its in a bucket of salt water and ill see if i can take it back where i got it or trade it to the LFS i normally go to..

Have the Nassarius Snails popped out when you put food in yet?
I think that is the coolest thing to watch they jump out like commandos
in an ambush with just their snorkels sticking out of the sand otherwise in my tank
then at least 1 climbs the glass and leaves sandy snail tracks on the just cleaned glass...:helm2:

I prefer snails to hermits except turbos due to "bull dozing" have 4 Nassarius in my nuvo 16 plus 3 bumble bees
(talk about soo boring to watch) and one conch I names scooter.
I got a few abalones on live rock and they are the coolest to watch they stick to
the rock or glass like a shadow and if I touch them then stick like glued then they scamper
away even faster than a Nass. and they will go everywhere into the over flows and keep it clean too.

not when i put out food but they seem to pop out randomly lol i only got 2 in my 29g and i didnt realize they were THAT small and i should have gotten a handful. do they grow any bigger?? the bigger of the 2 is like 1/4 inch. they seem to like a tiny patch of sand under a single mushroom i have.

i have 1 turbo and that thing is so useless, all it does like u said is knock crap over lol

i want a small abalone but i think my tank is too small for one

All of my nass' have shells about an inch long in fiji pink sand the superfine stuff maybe that helps them pop but the guy bagged one empty shell when I got home it was obvious under the lights so when I took it back I got more they have special pricing at the LFS 10 for 20.
My abalones are tiny now...

Hey the turbo was good for taking that anemone for a ride too that was a great video!

Last edited:
Good idea to take the sally lightfoot back. I used to have a pair (many years ago) and they killed so many of my fish! Right in front of me! The audacity!

hes still sitting in his bucket waiting to go to the LFS. my hubs was like, well hes still sorta little, maybe we can put him in then take it out when its bigger...im like mmmmmm no. poor thing just wants more stuff to look at in the tank lol

Back