Current Nova fixture

Went and got my CL find last night. I think I found myself a good deal, for 100 bucks it will get me started. It's a 48" Current USA Nova Extreme 4x54 watt fixture. It's the older style with the single reflector instead of 4 individual one's and has the 4 moonlights that are not on the newer model. The moonlights don't work. The bulbs were new last month I was told. Anyway of knowing if they really are new? The actinics are Current 460nm blue and the daylights are Odyssea 12000k. No mounting legs.
This is my next project now to get this light up and going. If I hang it how many inches from water do I want it? or should I just buy mounting legs? Also, if anyone has this fixture or even just knows anything about wiring, is it possible to remove the plug that operates the moonlights since they don't work anyways. This fixture has 4 seperate plugs(daylights, actinics, fan, moonlights).
I was amazed when I seen this guys tanks. Being new to this hobby, I have never seen anything like this in person. The tank that he had all these T5 fixtures hung above was a 500 gallon fish only built into his wall, all the plumbing ran down to the basement where is is now starting his 3000 gallon build. Very talented and has to be way smart to figure this all out in my opinion because he has built everything up himself. His first tank was a 29 or 39 cube I think he said. That shows how addicting this hobby can be LOL.

Back