current, sunpaq, double ended bulb

Coralreefer23

I AM a Reefer@
So i have a 29 gallon Nano cube and i have been running this light for about six months on this current setup, which due to old bulbs in my other fixture i couldnt keep alge gone enough to keep it out and away from my fishes living corders. So running this light fixture on the legs ontop of this cube is really risky due to how hot this heats my water temp up. Now i have suspended the fixture almost over a good foot above . found one thing that might be raising my temp and that is my heater has two different noobs and both spin so its settings are horrible to get the water to adjust to the right setting . The bulb i found with the lamp being low raises the temp from 77 to 80, 3 degress > and with the heater sitting on 77 which i have now played with this stupid thing in a longer 30 and it kept to the right to at 77 . Now for the lamp sitting height, is there any charts that might be on these forms for light levels? 14k250 watt bulb yet whats the max height that this bulb can handle before i start to see it affecting the life of anything ?oh yeah itch is bogus as of right this second sweet its like i left just one fish out to get sun burn white spots >.>......

Your posting is a bit confusion and run on, not sure what your question is. Are you asking how far to hang your light above your tank???

If you look at the top of the page you will see a "search" option just type in what you have a question about and see all the previous threads. That is the best way to answer your question.

If you read through all the postings and still dont find your answer then start a new thread.

Yeah to be the most effective and not damaging? this light is super awesome.....i just cant run it on all day lol cause i heard these can do some damaging to corals and the bone structures of inverts and fish . So i guess what is the highest cause the legs were to low . ha legs to low lol

I'm not sure what the damage is you speak of -- running your lights 8 to 12 hours a day is fine. Your goal is to mimic the sun, and the sun stays lit all day.

Most people hang their MH lights 8 to 12 inches above the tank. You can raise it even higher if it's heating up your water.

Back