Custom Build Started Sept. 13, 2009 - Present

Livestock came back from the sitters tonight. Was given some rubble LR and cheato. Have a look if you have time to spare.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLozJ2qRvm0]YouTube - stage 1 complete.avi[/ame] <-24 Megs

Why isn't this in the tank showcase? You might want to remove that screen on the powerhead....if it rusts you're gonna have trouble. Everything looks great.

Why isn't this in the tank showcase? You might want to remove that screen on the powerhead....if it rusts you're gonna have trouble. Everything looks great.

Thank you. I thought it was a diy cause I build most of it myself. Maybe I'll ask to have it moved.

The screen is 100% fiberglass. It's pet proof, and the wire tie is all plastic. The kid at Canadian Tire looked at me like I was an idiot when I asked if it had a metal clip or not, then made him open bags til I found the ones that weren't. LOL!

Here's a coule pics I came home to today. My wife & I thought they were worth taking. I do need some more algae eater thought. I made the mistake of putting all my snails on one side of the tank when I brought them back from the sitters and they haven't left the 2 rocks on the right. Mind you they are really nice and clean but the rest of the tank is looking crappy.

Attachments

• P1050649.JPG
    P1050649.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 261
  • P1050651.JPG
    P1050651.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 270
  • P1050653.jpg
    P1050653.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 248
When I looked at the pic, it looked like window screen...Nice job on the tank..Have Biff move it so everyone can enjoy the build thread.

Maybe the Urchin will give the snails a rider to the other side of the tank.:D

And the lights were hung from the ceiling with.....all-round. LOL. Still need a couple more then I'll tie them all together with a frame that matches the tank.

Attachments

• 109 - Lights hung from ceiling.JPG
    109 - Lights hung from ceiling.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 248
New additions.

I like Urchins. They look so cool. I couldn't pass this guy up for 10 bucks. I also picked up a Snailfin Blenny and 3 more lbs of rubble for my refugium. It's not the greatest pick of the Blenny but the substrate in the bag looks like food and the clown kept trying to eat it threw the bag. I'll get better pics when they make it to the display tank.

Attachments

• 108 - 3 more lbs of rubble.JPG
    108 - 3 more lbs of rubble.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 278
  • 107 New Snailfin Blenny.JPG
    107 New Snailfin Blenny.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 233
  • 106 - New Urchin.JPG
    106 - New Urchin.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 276
That urchin is awesome looking! Nice choices.

Thank you. I wanted him as soon as I saw him wednesday but I don't get paid til thursdays, and my cheque didn't get deposited until this morning. Have you ever had something you wanted so bad but had to wait for it & hope it didn't get sold? LOL!

I put the new additions into the DT today. Meet Pokie the Urchin & Cashews the Snailfin Blenny. A little bit after I put them in I got the other great picture of them.

Attachments

• 110 - Cashews the Snailfin Blenny.JPG
    110 - Cashews the Snailfin Blenny.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 252
  • 111 - Pokie the Urchin.JPG
    111 - Pokie the Urchin.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 283
  • 112 - Peek-a-boo.JPG
    112 - Peek-a-boo.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 287
Those are great names for them. I used to have a guinea pig named Cashew. She had a sister named Kiwi. ;)

Nice shot of the two of them. It looks like they have plenty of food in there for them!

Those are great names for them. I used to have a guinea pig named Cashew. She had a sister named Kiwi. ;)

I liked naming them. Ashley named the rabbit Nibbles Truffles Hammond Rice. Kim named the purple Urchin & my boys named these 2. Ashley gets the next one & I get the one after that.

Nice shot of the two of them. It looks like they have plenty of food in there for them!

Thank you. There's lots of food in there. I had to quit feeding them the pellets I was feeding them in the morning cause it started cause a lot of red algea break out. I'm getting 8 more snails, 3 Blue legged Hermits and an emerald crab next week. 3 Snails are going in the refugium and a maybe a crab. Not too sure yet. I need more empty shells for the 4 I have already.

Nice additions grassman! Make sure all your frags get glued down, I had to banish my halloween urchin because he kept picking up my SPS frags and dropping them in the sand.

Nice additions grassman! Make sure all your frags get glued down, I had to banish my halloween urchin because he kept picking up my SPS frags and dropping them in the sand.

Thanks Brian!!! I never thought of that, and I was might be getting some next week. Found a guy close by that is taking down his reef tank and selling everything dirt cheap.

Here's what my sump looks like. Any suggestions how to get rid of the red slimie algae in there?

Attachments

• 113 - Refufium.JPG
    113 - Refufium.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 297
Ok, my fish are going to hate me but the algae is way too much for me to handle. Going to try and DIY an algae scrubber. Right now I'm blacking my tank out to see if I can slow it's growth.

Back