Custom Build Started Sept. 13, 2009 - Present

Sally lightfoots have tiny claws. That thing has HUGE claws! I'm not sure what kind of crab that is. It's body doesn't look like an emerald, and its pincers are large and pointed.

That doesn't look like a reef or fish safe crab. Where did you get it from?

hes been pumpin some iron! I just seen the rings on the legs and the brown body thats what made me think lightfoot but ya those claws are throwing me off lol

Sally lightfoots have tiny claws. That thing has HUGE claws! I'm not sure what kind of crab that is. It's body doesn't look like an emerald, and its pincers are large and pointed.

That doesn't look like a reef or fish safe crab. Where did you get it from?

Got it from Lyle. Guess I should take it back to him. He charged me $5 bucks for it.

To me they're ok, here's the write up from LA.

overview
The Porcelain Anemone Crab is white with red spots and/or blotches of red or brown. They have very large front claws which they use to fend off potential predators. They are peaceful, and make a wonderful addition to any reef or invertebrate aquarium. Porcelain Anemone Crabs live together in pairs under the protection of an anemone. It may attempt to defend its territory from clownfish that try to establish themselves among the anemone, although the clownfish generally prevails. It is aggressive toward conspecifics, and should not be kept with larger, aggressive crabs which may attack it.
It eats planktonic food and mucus from the anemone. It may be supplemented with tablet food placed next to the anemone.

94270261.ptreTIvw.dive1322040c194b.jpg
They're really cool looking when they're feeding

Attachments

• 94270261.ptreTIvw.dive1322040c194b.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 287
To me they're ok, here's the write up from LA.

overview
The Porcelain Anemone Crab is white with red spots and/or blotches of red or brown. They have very large front claws which they use to fend off potential predators. They are peaceful, and make a wonderful addition to any reef or invertebrate aquarium. Porcelain Anemone Crabs live together in pairs under the protection of an anemone. It may attempt to defend its territory from clownfish that try to establish themselves among the anemone, although the clownfish generally prevails. It is aggressive toward conspecifics, and should not be kept with larger, aggressive crabs which may attack it.
It eats planktonic food and mucus from the anemone. It may be supplemented with tablet food placed next to the anemone.

Great. Thanks. Just didn't want to go down and look in the tank and see him eating a snail or something.

I think I might be wrong. I just went down and had a look to see if he's come out yet, and it's running around on the rocks eating algae but moved too fast for me to follow it with the camera. I'll try again tomorrow. It doesn't look like any pics of seen of porcelains. I thought the one I posted was it from memory. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

From your picture, and from what you found I think it looks like a Porcelain...I've never had one though. I can comment with the rest of them that it is not an emerald crab though. Mine have much smaller claws then that, and they are emerald in color.

I finally found my crab. He's been hiding since I got him. I found his home but he only comes out when the lights are off.

I ordered a whole bunch of corals today from www.coralcrazy.com. This company has gone over and above any company I have ever dealt with for anything. She's even gone as far as getting up early in the morning to email me picture of what she has, and offered to meet me close to my house to drop them off while she's in the area to pick up more corals. A 45 minute drive is a lot better then 3 hours. I'll post pics of them when I get them Saturday.

I also placed and order with my electrical contractor cousin for a 4 tube, T5HO balast and endcaps today. Family price is $87.00. With that one and the 2 tube I already have, I should have 5.89 Watts per gallon. Just have to figure out what tubes I want to use.

Back