custom frag tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL.. I lost a Dell lap top in my truck... I had a tall cup of drink.. not that it matters but it was white tea.... I was trying to sit it in a "safe" cup holder in the consul... for some reason I lost control and in trying to gain control back managed to toss it straight up all over the head liner and down on the Dell.. needless to say.. it never came up again... and my books were weeks behind in back-up to the thumb drive...

.. which reminds me I NEED to do that.

OK.. I was just cutting the egg krate to fit the 20 long and was wondering.. what are some ideas how to suspend it or stand it off the bottom that are used.

I have seen pieces of vertical egg crate held in place with zipties. Another option is to get several PVC couplings to use as legs.

I have seen pieces of vertical egg crate held in place with zipties. Another option is to get several PVC couplings to use as legs.

This somehow ?? caused me to think of those little plastic tripods used to hold rebar off the ground while pouring concrete. I instantly thought that the couplings were great, then realized they have a non circulation area that would hold filth.. and the tripods popped into my head. ... sometimes having a brain is so cool :shock: then other times not so much.

What IS cool is how important it is to request & listen to other suggestions, even if they aren't the best answer they frequently are the seed to the next great idea. Listening to ideas sparks ideas because it kicks our brains out of ruts.

................People who think they are so smart they can't listen to who they "think" are the less learned are fools... because those "less learned" could take them so much farther in their own thinking ability.

NOT that I am indicating anyone on here is less learned.. because ... I am the less learned in most reefing subjects.... I am learning so much form other members..

..again.....thanx guys and gals!

:bounce:

Last edited:
OOoooo. Didn't even think of those.

but you caused me to think of them... kinda the same... sort of... . kinda...

I'm waiting for my hole drills... tick tock..

I got the tripod things... they call them "chairs". ... what ever??:shock:

Towards the base.... Got a nice piece of multi layered A-A 3/4 ply board and ran it through the table and radial arm saws, but need to go get screws. I thought I had the screws, I messed up about the screws.

So in the AM will assemble, route, and stain the riser, then test mount the tank on my desk, AFTER I go buy the damned screws... then I wait for the drills... tick tock... may take a pic or two while I wait for the drills... tick tock

After test mounting the tank I guess I can get the PVC and mock up the plumbing.. while I wait for the damned drills.. tick tock..

...I spent my entire professional career before I retired making sure this kind of thing didn't happen... waiting for the damned drills... it kills me.. tick tock..

Last edited:
Yeah, we use something similar for running conduit in a trench. Keeps them off the bottom so the concrete can flow around them.

And it isn't a home DIY project if it doesn't include atleast 3 trips to the hardware store :mrgreen:

Well, your title reads "CUSTOM" not off the shelf, just saying.

Yes it does.. but.. I.... changed my mind.... LOL... So now it is a build thread..
...... and I could be pleased with a Mod that changed the name accordingly..
.... just saying... wink

it is now a 20 long frag tank build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back