Custom made aquarium source?

Charliegrs

Reefing newb
My aquarium stand is pretty thin, and I can only fit aquariums 10 3/4" wide or less in it to use as a sump. From all the looking that I have done at LFS's the only aquariums I can find that fit in my stand are 10 gallons, which is somewhat less than I want to use for my 55gal DT. 20 and 30 gallon sizes all seem to start at 12" wide. So, I have been thinking about getting a custom made aquarium to the dimensions I need, which would be about 32"L x 14"H x 10 1/4"W. So basically its a long thin aquarium that I can fit a skimmer, refugium, and pump in, because the 10 gallon I have is really lacking in space for all of that. I googled custom aquarium vendors and it seems like most are in the business of making huge in-wall and custom shaped aquariums. I emailed a few of them to see if they would be willing to take on such a small job as the one I need done, but I doubt they will. So my question is, does anyone know of any companies, websites, etc that will custom design any size tank? I think I might try emailing glasscages.com too and see if they can do it. But I dont think they ship directly to you, which is a bummer.

Try going to Home Depot, Walmart and Lowe's and looking at their plastic storage bins/tubs. There may be one that fits better. I use two rubbermade tubs for my fuge and sump.

Sorry, I don't know of any places that will do custom tanks locally for you. Glasscages should be able to work, though.

Back