Custom overflow boxes and sump

i can do an overflow for much cheaper though. much less acrylic and i could talk you through the DIY sump process. Its not too bad at all. just time consuming

RC, I'm definitely interested in a custom overflow. It would be for an AIO tank, the size I need is way smaller than any company makes at this point. If you can make smaller ones, let me know and I can tell you the size of the area it would have to fit in.

Was wondering if you could do a sump about 12in high, 17in deep and 36 inches wide? With first chamber with bubble trap? Second chamber with fuge with short baffle like 6in to final return chamber.

Almost forgot first chamber would need 8 to 10in from tank wall to baffle. Last chamber would need 6in from tank wall to baffle

but i could build it. if you want me to get some price estimates i can do that. are you wanting to put any type of skimmer in the first chamber? most of them require a minimum depth of water. usually around 8 inches or so

I have a skimmer that works in 8-10inches of water. With the tank height of 12 inches the water should stay around 10in with 2 in to spare in case of power failure.

that should work just fine then. would you want any type of cover for the sump at all? If we assemble the sump out of .25 in acrylic it will probably need some bracing on the top to insure that it is structuraly sound. we could put the structural supports over the baffle areas so that would leave you plenty of vertical space to work with. A rough estimate for the cost of the project would be somewhere around $275 to build. Again that is pretty rough but it would give you some idea

Back