Custom Sump and Overflow box

see, and you were all worried aobut how to make it work, now you have it up and running and testing it and stuff, sounds to me like you've got it all figured out.. GOOD JOB MAN!

now.. where are the pictures?!?!?!?! hehehehe

Yea, I turned it all off with valves and stuff so I could sleep, now it's back on. I will put up pics later after work.

yea that first night is a rough one.. but, i'll tell ya, i did mine on a saturday morning, so that way i could watch it all day, that made it considerably easier for me to go to bed that first night, but then when i got up the next morning and everything was fine, well, then i was cool with it..

Well here's the pictures like I promised.

DSC_0231.jpg

Looking Down from inside, my big head won't fit in there!!!

DSC_0233.jpg

Wide of the whole works:
DSC_0235.jpg

That looks nice. I was just wondering somthing about the lights that you have over the sump. Are they just to see better while you working in that area or do you leave them on all the time? If left on all the time why?

Also is that black thing hanging on the side of the sump your skimmer or is that a hob filter or somthing?
Thanks. Looks good, nice and clean.

They are on for about 15 hrs to grow the fuge...the black thing you see is either the skimmer or the uv lamp. My skimmer is a hob type that I moved down and hung it on the sump.

you may want to re plum that uv and flip iot over it is upsidedowm when you have to take the bulb and quartz sleeve out it will make a big mess or it will be a big pain in the but to take it all out of the stand to clean or replace the bulb.

you may want to re plum that uv and flip iot over it is upsidedowm when you have to take the bulb and quartz sleeve out it will make a big mess or it will be a big pain in the but to take it all out of the stand to clean or replace the bulb.

I have it on the flex hose with valves, so I can shut off the flow fron the tank, remove the hose and move it over to the other valve to keep the water in, thought of that, but thanks.;-)

Back