Cutting down a light isn't that bad.LOL

bobby

I like to do bad things.
Well I picked up 48" 4x 65 watt light in a trade and was only going to use two of the bulbs to throw into my canopy for some atinics since I didn't have any. I was left with the housing and two bulbs and have been thinking of setting up my 20L. So I went out bought a black chop saw blade and cut the aluminum housing to 30", rewired everything, cut the shield and reflector down and repaired the broke end cap and put everything back together.

The only thing left to do now is add a couple LED's for moon lights, cut holes on the opposite side and put the breather covers on so that the fans work right (right now they're just blowing air in with nowhere for it to go) and seperate the bulbs on each switch so I can run only one at a time if I want.

Here are a few pics.
mypictures025.jpg

mypictures026.jpg

mypictures027.jpg

Thanks! I don't know why I even posted it. LOL I was just extremely bored and had nothing better to do. Plus on the VERY off chance someone might be thinking about chopping a light well now they know there's nothing to it.LOL

Here's my boredom hard at work again.LOL got the bulbs on their own switch and moonlights installed. I tested on of the moon lights on my 40 and it lit it up pretty good, so I'm a little worried that two will be too much on a 20.

pics

mypictures028.jpg

mypictures029.jpg

Thanks. I didn't either, but I had it left over, was thinking of setting up my 20L and bored out of my mind.LOL So it worked out perfect.

Back