Cycling nearly complete

Quick question-where can I order an Aqua C Remora, and what is the right size for a 46g without overskimming? thanks

bobby said:
I use IO and havnt had a prob with it, except for calcium. I also use marine buffer though.

I want to add as little chemicals as possible.

I think red sea makes a pH balanced salt, Im not sure.

Ebay has them or you can get a used one off of reefcentral.com. Get the bigger one not the nano. I dont know were you can get these brand new. Now that I think of it when I started using IO my ph was 7.9 thats why I started using marine buffer and havnt had a prob since.

Adding as little is good, but if you use osmo I'll bet it will help in a lot of other aspects also.

Im looking for a new one, dont want to go with a used. Ill check Drs Foster and Smith and see if they have it.

No thats back pac. I have no experience with them but was told there not that good, and for that price you can almost get a new aqua c.

I just wanted to interject here and say that nitrates will not kill your coral. Some of the nicest tanks that i've seen have nitrates over 50ppm. Here is one for example that has around 70ppm nitrates. Jimsflies' Reef - Michigan Reefers

I would like to stress however that untill you have sufficent bacteria built up in the live rock you are in danger of having amonia spikes if you go faster than the bacteria is able to grow in response to your bioload.

good luck in your reefing. :)

read some reviews of the remora C vs the Remora C pro. I have seen many review that argue for the C being better than the pro. also the normal C is rated for tanks up to 75g so i think that this should be sufficient for your tank. and the maxijet is a better pump than the Mag3.

Ive learned an interesting factor since begining this hobby do what suites you ive heard this, Ive read that, nothing is gonna be good until you try it and find out. What works great for one may not work great for you, such as a type of salt, or a dsb. Your best bet is to experiement, your going to make mistakes learn from them, correct them, and drive on. Its your tank do what suites you. Hope this helps.

As you can see there are many opinions out there. So take it all with a grain of sand and once the consensus is done talk to the supplier you purchase from and see what their opinion on the products are. The people at marine depot will help you with your questions, and in closing I stand by my recommendation for the Ramora pro with a mag 3 pump, properly adjusted will out perform the others. good luck and keep us posted.

Back