cycling with the 30 gallon

Coralreefer23

I AM a Reefer@
Hello ,
So here it is, we have a 30 gallon in the cycle, which we tore appart the nano cube due to are wedding getting us broke n stuff.... we called apon Dr. Tims tank cycling fast. I started the cycle about two weeks before the bacteria was added. Also to make it abit more established we tossed some of the live sand in with the one bag which was already in the 30 gallon cycling from the nano tank . Which slowly to not just toss in all that fish poop. Ha ha fish turds... so next i scrubbed the three main live rock pieces which we figured out it was just green coraleen algae. Added a small refigum along with a hang on suporting one bag of chemi pure and I use the pillow stuffing to have a clean spongeless filter . That is to not keep them nitrates from skying or getting held while my fishes h20 is being filtered. Oh yeah 200 watt heater and a m10 vortec power pump to utilize that nice wave like current ! Which Id recommend to everyone to switch to one of these a nice addition and might i add my clown will never swim away ....so the tanks in the cycle stage.

Now during this cycle it states no water changes! More then five days in the cycle which Dr. Tim states it'll cycle fully in about two to five days if your lr is clean. The water level is getting really below thenormal level and is making the pumps work that much more. Also my nitrates are still like 20. The rest of the levels are 0 . Now can I top off the tank during the cycle and not make things start over ? or do i do a particial water change to get those nitrates to were they belong?

:sfish:My fish need to get to the main tank soon@ :pooh::frustrat:

Last edited:
Back