d2mini's 46g Bow Front

awesome. you sure do have some nice corals in there! you sleeper goby sure was high. figured he would be down on the sand suckin up sand!

Thanks Alex, he will swim around but mostly he's on the bottom cleaning sand or burrowing under rocks. Sometimes he will come up like in that pic for food when I feed the tank.

So now I just spent 45 minutes plucking hair algae out of my tank using my fingers and a container of RO water to drop the algae and rinse my fingers.
Pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse, pluck, rinse... and so on. :shock:

I also ordered 50 blue hermit crabs from reafcleaners.org. Should be here wed or thurs. :helm2:

i wish i had a job i could save so much money to buy stuff, by the way nice tank, what are the pink bulbs for and what are they called

The lighter pink is more of a daylight color and the darker pink is the ATI Pro Color. Supposed to bring out certain colors of the corals.

I have 6 HO T5s with moonlight leds.
It's a retrofit kit from Catalina Aquariums.
Pics are back towards the beginning of this thread around page 9.

Just added Mangroves to my fuge this weekend.
Used styrofoam discs (mug cylinders from the floral dept of the craft store, sliced in threes) to keep the seeds floating upright and the tips out of the water. My fuge was too deep to plant them in the sand bed and I read that they grow a larger root system (more nutrients used up) when floating rather than planted. We'll see how it goes...

Man, I need more room in my sump. Can't wait to get the bigger tank started!
You can see my mangrove seeds and in front of them is a mass of cheato. There is live rock under there too. My fuge is packed to the gills!

648065065_Ht4Am-O.jpg

Just wanted to add the pic of my urchin in here. Nothing more to see. Move along. :D

Man, I really want an urchin, especially a longspine, but I'm really afraid of him skewering my fish by accident or crushing my corals.
Great pic, love the mangroves too. Can't wait to upgrade so I can put a sump/fuge under the tank...

They are really gentle on the corals. They almost float around the tank. Probably the gentlest urchin you can get.

Oh and some of the mangroves have started to sprout little roots!

Can they accidentally spear a fish? I was thinking maybe a tuxedo urchin too...

If the fish darted into the urchin, sure. But it wouldn't do it on purpose. You can pick them up, you just have to be slow and gentle. The spines aren't going to shoot out at you like a dart gun and they are pretty fragile. The tuxedos are cool too. I just read that these guys eat more algae and they definitely move around the tank quicker.

Back