d2mini's 46g Bow Front

Ya it happens. I'm just saying it's usually the fish's fault for not paying attention. The urchin wouldn't go chasing a fish.

Playing with another new camera. The Panasonic GF1. :)

3991581154_b45a47c88d_o.jpg

3990825361_dfa82baff4_o.jpg

The urchin is great! The corals don't seem to mind him. He was even on top of my clam and the clam stayed open. I was a little worried about him popping those bubbles on the bubble coral. ;)

Beautiful shots, beautiful tank, beautiful colors.... I'm so jealous. I love that those mushrooms and zoas growing with each other. How long have you had that tank going?

hey, i have a question... whats the green grass lookn stuff in the second picture above???

oh, and freakn georgeous, i wish my tank looked that good in person, much less in a picture!

remember denis is a pro with cameras

he could probably take a picture of :pooh: and make you want it in you tank:mrgreen:

I really need to save up for a nice SLR camera, anything better than my 5 year old sony cyber shot

green star polips, ok, i'll have to do some research and see if that fits in wht the rest of my plan...

i have a canon eos rebel xt, its plenty good enough of a camera, i just really think that i'm limited by my 10+ year old lenses(i had them back when i had my first eos 35mm film camera)

Thats green star polyps.Looks like grass and grows about as fast.

i like it! wonder if my clown will... hmmm

so, i guess if it grows outta hand you just frag some off and either "sell" or give away or what? prune it like i do my calurpa? when it gets too big, cut some off and toss it?

Pretty much
I tried some but it never stayed where I put it and got lost behind some rocks never to be seen from again. It was just a small peice about the size of a quarter and for some reason super glue didnt hold it in place.

Here's another pic i took yesterday. Wasn't gonna post it because of the glare from the windows across the room, but i forgot to go back and take a pic at night.

3993724136_af330ab1ba_o.jpg

And here is the gsp frag i started with. It's the purple mat that spreads over the rock and then the green polyps grow out of the purple.

440062550_4To3Z-O.jpg

damn that tank is georgeous... i hope to get to that point some day...

so.....

where can i get me some of it, and does it use anything out of the water that i would have to replace, or is it like what i've read and its photosynthetic and just uses basically trace from the water?

Thanks, P... it's just starting to get there and now I get to start over in my 130 cube. ;)

Mine was a $5 frag from my lfs.

I don't spot feed any of my corals.
Once in a blue I'll throw in some coral frenzy or some Rod's food, but almost never since I've been battling this hair algae.

Back