d2mini's 6g Not-So-Edgy "Fluval Edge" Tank of Leftovers

d2mini

Reef enthusiast
Ok, so I had a nice little freshwater fish tank going with some rock, planted green stuff and a few fish. Set it up and then..... :neutral:... well... nothing really.

So I decided to do a saltwater conversion.
Starting it off with leftovers from my 28g Nano Tank of Angler Awesomeness build and then hopefully continue that trend of using leftovers and frags from either that tank or my big cube.

Here's the first pic of the bone stock tank cycling with some TBS rock rubble and a little bit of sand. I just need to get a few cups more sand from Richard, since the sand he sent me for the 28g didn't go quite as far as I had hoped.

1037869553_oRiLG-O.jpg

fw is only fun if you have a big tank imo :P

With big bad fish:mrgreen:

So,Dennis.....,now we have to wait around for this tank too .....jeesh:mrgreen:...JK ofcourse....but,still waiting on the Angler....did you decide which one to get?

With big bad fish:mrgreen:

So,Dennis.....,now we have to wait around for this tank too .....jeesh:mrgreen:...JK ofcourse....but,still waiting on the Angler....did you decide which one to get?

I'm still undecided between the yellow wart skin or the standard red. I'm leaning towards the yellow warty though. My lfs got one in from this one place he wanted to try but it was a light green when it came in an brown now that its in the tank with nothing else. I know they can change color, but i think the warty is just cooler looking. So we'll see. Depends on price too. He's gonna look into those two tomorrow or next week.

Yay! Dennis, I think someone warned you that FW was.... boring...... I forget who said that, it was a wise woman....:12:.... who was it? Well, I forget but the important thing is, You've seen the light! :cheerful: What are you putting in there? Have you figured out how to turn those tiny lights up to 11? Looking forward to watching this build thread!

C

Golly another tank for Dennis to take killer photos from. :grumble:

This better turn out to be some pretty good eye candy! :lol:

Yay! Dennis, I think someone warned you that FW was.... boring...... I forget who said that, it was a wise woman....:12:.... who was it?

>|<

This is going to be mostly rics and zoas i think, and then just simple critters and a few nano sized fish. Really need to keep this one as low maintenance as possible being that its a the office.

Here's another quick pic showing more sand and rock.
I like the added color from the blue led's and still waiting for my new mr11 led lights to replace the halogens. Hoping they are a bit whiter.

Part of me doesn't like the scale of the sand in this small tank and thinking I should swap it out for some real fine white sand, but then the other part of me kinda likes the real rocky look it's got going on. And I really didn't want to buy much for this tank since it's my "tank of leftovers".

1048902210_q3VFh-O.jpg

That is a really nice looking set up. I would suggest black sand if you are thinking zoas and shrooms. The black I think will really make the color pop.

Back