D2mini's New 130g Make-Believe Cube Build Thread

Re: D2mini's New 130g Rimless Cube Build Thread

Hey, at least i have a master plan and will have all the pieces when the tank and sump get here. ;)
My builder is working on it today and tomorrow. Then it just has to cure. So i can pick it up some time next week. I have a little more work to do on the stand this weekend anyway. My lights might also be here by Thanksgiving... we'll see.

Ok, nice tank update but let's talk about the important stuff, which Flor tile did you pick?

Catherine

Yet another set back!!! :(

The tank builder made an oops in the measurements when ordering the glass. They were trying to make sure I had a wee bit of wiggle room because the top of my stand is a hole that the tank will sit in, not one big flat surface. Good thinking on their part. But it came in a tad shorter than they thought. And they didn't realize that my stand builder already gave me an extra 1/8" all the way around. So add it all up and there would be over a 1/4" gap all the way around between the stand's trim and the tank. They contacted me today to let me know and that they will have new glass cut and sell the current tank, or they will build it as is if I didn't want to wait. I told them to redo it. But with the holiday the new glass won't show up till next week.
I've been trying to get a tank since August. I guess what's one more week. :rolleyes:

I think I'm going to have to start a new build thread when i get it. :razz:

My lights might be in this week though.

Oh, and Picasso... i have no idea. I haven't decided yet. The Flor tiles are almost 20" big so I can only put one row around the tank. So i can't really mix and match. I think I'll get one of the more conservative styles that has some ribbing or something where you can just turn the tiles 90 degrees and see a change in the pattern. Just not sure which color to go with.

I think Dennis really has his tank, and he is just doing some sort of twisted reefer addict's version of torture on us. ;)

Glad you had them do it right. If you're paying them all that money, they better get it right.

yea, another story, uh huh, sure, not buying it... heheheh

besides, whats the title to this thread, the make-believe tank... now that i believe :mrgreen:

hehehehe

I KNEW IT!!!! Too much talk of this "perfect" custom tank. And personally, I think Dennis sneaks into this model home to take pictures and pretends he actually lives there. I bet those tv sets are like the ones in Ikea -- made of plastic and hollow.

:mrgreen:

I love the understated elegance of a textured effect. Should match the style of your house very nicely.

You're really pushing this dream tank to the limit, Dennis. Can't wait to see it!!!

C

Back