D2mini's New 130g Make-Believe Cube Build Thread

Re: D2mini's New 130g Rimless Cube Build Thread

the i-tech is made by the owner of my LFS. Everyone here loves them. He's a top notch guy and does everything he can to help ya.

the i-tech is made by the owner of my LFS. Everyone here loves them. He's a top notch guy and does everything he can to help ya.

That's been my experience so far.

You can spend a little less on a cone skimmer and you can spend way more. But i haven't seen as much glowing praise and excitement over anything else. We shall see! :D

lol you need to be getting some free product for the amount of advertising Guayaki gets on your threads :)

looks great!

I actually tried the Guayaki due to dennis. I really like the mint one, very refreshing.

Order just placed for an Eheim 1260 pump which will pull my water through the sump and also ordered an 18w Turbo Twist UV Sterilizer. Hopefully the uv will help cut down on algae with all the natural light i have in this room.

Hey Dennis, why is it that you're the only one with money to buy new toys, when the rest of us are broke...huh:mrgreen: J/K

lol, uh.... well i just got payed and my only kids look like this? :lol:

4012199087_c1336692ba.jpg

lol, ya it's another vaporware tank! dcantucson and I should start The Vaporware Tank Club. :D

I approved the design of the overflow this week. So now just waiting on the tank builder to start building the tank and the sump.

And I received my return pump and uv filter this week. So at least i got sumfin!

Still looking at lights. Right now I'm leaning towards the Giesmann Infiniti with the 250w HQI bulb and 4 T5 bulbs. My other choice is the 8 or 10 bulb ATI Powermodule, but in my current T5 only tank I miss the MH shimmer that I had in my last tank years ago. The Giesmann will give me the mh shimmer, and I'll still have 4 bulbs left to play with T5 color. The Giesmann also has room under the fixture to mount moonlight LEDs.

So that's the update. :Cheers:

Made a half-down payment on the tank and sump on Monday. Shouldn't be too much longer now. :)

I still have to level my stand, get power to it, install a power center, drill the top now that i know where the overflow will be, get some pink foam for the tank to sit on, make a decision on lighting and figure out an ATO plan...

i'm glad to hear that your making progress, i'm sure its gonna be awesome once its up and running!

Here's two diagrams of the tank design.

First is an overhead view of the tank showing the plumbing layout and overflow. The two heavier outlined boxes in the overflow are dry docks. Each one will hold the dry side of a Vortech MP40s. The center section is the actual overflow. Water will enter slots in the face of it, rise to the top and overflow into the plumbed section of the overflow. 1 main drain, 1 emergency/secondary drain, the return line which I'll split at the top into two, and a dry pipe for power wires.

The second pic shows the front view of the overflow with all the slots in the front panel.

In the end i decided not to go with the closed loop and open loop combination for two reasons. First, this will be less complicated and second, the owner of Oceans Motions pissed me off/blew me off.

My rock will be in the center of the tank with the vortechs pushing water around both sides and bouncing off the walls. The overflow slots will pull water from top to bottom, not just skimming the top. So I should have plenty of flow.

703197256_p4c83-XL.jpg

703197258_M8UeX-XL.jpg

Thats gonna be an awesome looking tank.
Cant you edit in a tank on your stand? :D

Back