D2mini's New 130g Make-Believe Cube Build Thread

Re: D2mini's New 130g Rimless Cube Build Thread

yeah I'm just a little bit jealous of that stand and what I imagine this tank to look like when I it is done.

I think he is going to just "imagine" the tank too, it's taking soooo long! :mrgreen:

Whatever. This tank is as "imaginary" as Dcan's Zero Edge. You're lucky I haven't locked this travesty of a thread already. ;)

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Good one Biff. Your right. 17 pages of posts and still without any sign of a tank! :shock: Talk about milking us.....................

Just jealous that he has a blank, empty space in his room where his imaginary tank "should" go and I don't? Yeah, I guess I'm jealous then!!! :)

Tank and sump are being worked on this week. Done by the weekend? Mayyyybe....

Meanwhile I got some more stuff in.
A dual reactor from Bulk Reef Supply with a canister of Rox Carbon and a canister of High Capacity GFO. Got a maxi-jet 1200 to run that, and a second one to run my UV light. Also got some of my plumbing supplies ordered from Savko.com which will be here this wednesday. I received two of the 4-outlet American DJ power centers but not sure yet if I'm going to utilize both or where I'm going to mount them.

Also managed to cut into the top of my stand to make room for the tank's bulkheads and then slapped on a piece of that pink insulation foam from home depot. Used a little bit of it under the stand too to help level it on my severely unlevel floor.

Got some samples in from FLOR modular carpet tiles but I'm still unsure what style/color I want around the stand.

Talked to kyle who's building my tank. I originally thought it was all 1/2" thick glass but now he's doing the bottom in 3/4". This is going to be one HEAVY tank. I'm estimating it has an empty weight of around 240lbs. So my dilemma right now is how to get it from his shop to my house. It's less than 10 miles but if I do it myself it would entail renting a u-haul pick up, finding 3 other guys, worrying about dropping it while getting it off the truck bed, through the french doors of my house and up onto the stand, etc. Plan B is to hire out one of my LFS' to do it all for me at the cost of around $175. I'm thinking Plan B is the way to go. Costly, but it's peace of mind because if they eff up, i'm not out butt wads of money.

So how's that for an update? :D

I just help a friend move by help I mean we were there to let the movers in... it was so nice! If you can afford it I say let it be someone else worry about it!

That is exciting that things are starting to get there. :D

When we moved our 850 into place there was suppose to be 12 friends and family that was going to come and help, only 6 people showed up (including my husband and I) we managed to get it into place half at a time.... the entire tank is made out of 3/4". One heavy sucker.

with four of you, you will only be lifting about 60Ibs a peice if its 240 pounds. I would have my friends help and save my money to stock my tank. :)

with four of you, you will only be lifting about 60Ibs a peice if its 240 pounds. I would have my friends help and save my money to stock my tank. :)
Ya that's what i was thinking originally but then i just figure by the time i rent the truck, pay for the mileage and gas, buy beer, spend time cooridinating it all (aka find out who my real friends are :mrgreen: ), it's only gonna cost me about 100 bucks more. 100 for piece of mind is ok considering how much i'm spending on everything else. :shock:

That's not really an update...more like a side note to appease obsessive aquarists. :shock:
Shhhhhhhhhhhhh! :nanananan

Well if you put it that way. You could buy yourself some beer kick back and drink it while watching others.... :) Good Plan!

It only took two guys to move my 240. One on each end. I don't think you'd need as many people as you think.

Look what showed up today! :D
Battery backups are being redesigned so those are on back order.

718439695_UYRD9-O.jpg

Back