d2mini's REAL 130g Rimless Cube Build Thread

Ya, that's technically not an ecotech product. It's the same sunlight supply kit i was talking about. You still need to attach the radions to each other if you have multiples. If you look at the radion thread in the ecotech sponsor forum on reef central you will different solutions people have come up with. Every tank setup is different so its hard to come up with a mounting solution that works for everyone.

This thread is OFFICIALLY OVERRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr. :Cheers:

The tank is gone. Moved to a new location here in Houston.
3CC (Third Coast Corals) will be open for business around April and the tank is situated right at the front counter.

The move went pretty smooth thanks to all the help, and so far it looks like everything has survived. Although we do have a bunch of frags now. :mrgreen: Once I get a new tank set up I will be able to transfer most of it.

Special thanks to everyone here at LR that helped along the way, making the tank what it is (was). :Cheers:

Hi d2mini,

Friend at the israeli forum 'aqua' linked that thread,
after short browsing I have decided to register just
in order to share compliments for the journey you
did and for the outstanding visuals presented here.

Thank you, globali! That is very flattering.
I hope you stick around or come back to visit once in a while.
This is a very helpful and friendly bunch of reef hobbyists.

Cheers! :Cheers:

Hey, do you have any trouble with your ecosmart software? I downloaded it to get a better idea of what the light can do and overall I'm really amazed, but... I saved my program then when I opened it up later it was the default..?

There are still some bugs that pop up every once in a while (they've been great about fixing them too) but I have not had a problem with the software saving. Have you tried it more than once?

There are still some bugs that pop up every once in a while (they've been great about fixing them too) but I have not had a problem with the software saving. Have you tried it more than once?

Yah I've tried saving two different files and neither worked...

Sending the program to the lights is a whole different step.
When the software opens, it opens up the last saved program, whether you are connected to the lights (via the usb cable) or not.

But not sure why alex is having a problem...

Dennis, do you find the vortechs noisy? Lots of reviews say that they're great pumps, they're just on the loud side, but the ones I briefly saw were completely silent.

+1 parrotchute, I will say this, they aren't silent. My MP40 is louder than my 1 Koralia 450 was but I guarantee when you get enough Koralias going to match the MP40, they are louder.

+1 parrotchute, I will say this, they aren't silent. My MP40 is louder than my 1 Koralia 450 was but I guarantee when you get enough Koralias going to match the MP40, they are louder.

Loud enough that two mp10s would disturb someone's sleep??

I never thought mine were noisy unless they were ramped up to full power, which i couldn't do anyway. Mine were turned down to around 60% i think. I also think the wetside tends to wear out after a year or two so is probably worth replacing if it starts to get noisier. The noise comes from vibration.

Back