Dam Damsel

Chris

Reefing newb
Here is a weird question... but first the story...

I was taking down my 55 gal tank after selling the fish to Bermuda Triangle a LF. I pulled the puffer, sweetlips, trigger and one damsel. I had 2 damsels a few days ago but when taking the tank down I only had one. So I figured one of the other fish ate him. So after removing the fish I drained the tank and removed macro algea out of the refuge and then moved all the sand and rocks out of the 55, lots of work and a huge mess. While I was cleaning and hooking up the auto top off system for me being out of town 4 days a week I found the other damsel! The dang thing had somehow got into my 125's refuge. He must have some how got into the overflow of the 55 then hopped over two plastic walls in the tank to get to the main part of the refuge, so when I pulled all the algea out he hitched a ride to the other refuge. DAM DAMSEL!

Ok, heres my question.... What will happen to a fish that has the lights on 24/7.
I would rather not tear into the refuge to remove the damsel but the lights never go off on the refuge.

Thanks!!! :sfish:

obviously you forgot about the movie nemo. they all got away in that one. that damsel must have seen the movie too, anyway i wouldnt worry about the damsel in the refuge, i wouldnt want it there but just watch it and when it bites it take it out. or put a trap in the fuge with some small smelly piece of bait and catch it that way. anyway you look at it will take some of your time. sorry for the chore, but, hurrah for the fish. good luck ha.

Back