Damaged Colt Coral

RyanG

Reef enthusiast
So, in my infinate wisdom I place my new colt coral in an area where it was apparently getting way too much flow. It has sinced been moved but it has a few tears in the stalk, sort of little holes. Did I kill it or what? What are the chances of recovery?

I have too much flow for softies I guess...Time to suck it up and upgrade the closed loop pump and go for what the tank was designed for by its previous owner...all sps. Even LPS have a hard time in 50% or more of the system.

It didn't kill it -- it will come back if it's in a nicer spot now! You have a closed loop, right? Why not use a smaller pump?

I had the same problem Ryan.But I cut my flow by a 3rd I guess.Now my LPS are doing a lot better.

Glad that its hopefully going to make it.

I've always wanted a SPS system, I found a Reeflo Barracuda for a good price, and that should get me up to the flow I would like to have. Just need to get a firmer grip on my husbandry and get an ATO set up...we'll see if it happens though.

Thats what I was after to.But after loosing so many,I've decided that a mixed reef is both easier to take care of and easier on my wallet.I figure you work about like I do.That makes staying on top an SPS tank all but impossible.

Back