Damb anenomy

Kwater

Chill
It decided to go for a little walk and stung the back part of one of my sps corals. a couple of the branches are crystal white but some branches are still alive. Will it live

I dont know. Their sting is pretty potent. Do you have good lighting? If not they`ll just keep walking around looking for good lighting.

that's why most don't put anemones in there reef tanks.

anemones will hang out in one place for awhile then they decide to travel.

as far as your sps goes keep an eye on it if it looks to be getting worse, either frag it or you can try to do an iodine dip to hopefully stop the infection.

hey kwater, love the signature! my spelling is attrocious as well!!!

perhaps instead of a leash, you might think about one of thoes steak out things, its like a leash kinda, but you screw this giant corkscrew into the ground, well, you just need a smaller version for your nim.

Damb agin. I never thought of that. Well I took him back to my lfs yesterday. I figured I spend maby 1 and a half houres on my corals everyday it is not worth it to have something in my aguarium that can wipe out all that work in a matter of minutes.

Haha and I'm glad to here that I'm not the only bad speller project5k

you did the right thing by giving it back to your LFS. You just saved your self alot of grief and money. Good job. I wish more people would do the same.

I still have one anenomy. I have posted a thread of it but no one knows what is. He moves around alot but I feel safe with him. He dosent have the long tenticals and he is ok with me. He has a weird clolor and dosent like alot of light if noticed. Right now he has stuck himself to my overflow box.

Back