Damn 6-line!!!!!!!!!!

Striper is officially SOLD. :bounce: A local reefer called and offered $20 for him.

Now I just gotta catch the little bugger. :grumble:

holy crap. +1 Biff, I totally forgot that one is on my list. Actually the divided because my wife likes the divided's color better but a leaopard all the same.

Congrats RC! have fun trying to catch the sly guy

Rc, there's only one answer for that wrasse. He's POSSESSED! Call a priest.
Love to read your posts. Great writing and always good humor, even when on a frustrating topic. Good luck-

Rc, there's only one answer for that wrasse. He's POSSESSED! Call a priest.
Love to read your posts. Great writing and always good humor, even when on a frustrating topic. Good luck-

Glad somebody gets my warped sense of humor. :mrgreen:

I did call a priest. Her name is Karlee and she's gonna come over and hand me a crisp $20 bill to get rid of this little devil. :bounce:

Wait for it...........

Just as soon as I catch the little bast**d!! :grumble:

:mrgreen:

have fun with that. had to catch mine a few times. had to break down the tank just to do it

If it comes down to that, I'm going to smash him with a hammer when I catch him.. My reef is completely grown together. Removing all the rocks and corals would ruin my tank. I'd have to rip corals apart where they have grown across multiple rocks and up layer upon layer of rock-scape.

I have a Gatorade bottle in the tank right now. I will let him get used to it for a couple days. The ONLY way he's gonna get fed is to chase a frozen chunk of food into that bottle. No food in the tank. He swims in the bottle or he starves.

mmwwwuuaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa!!!

I'll get you my pretty!! And you'll be sold!!! To somebody with a larger tank full of butterfly fish and large angels that will beat you down if you try any funny stuff!!

:grumble:

Can't wait.

Last edited:
I GOT HIM !!!! :bounce:

I've had a 1qt Gatorade bottle in the tank for the last few days. No food at all. I put 1/2 cube of frozen food in that bottle this afternoon and he swam in after about an hour. He was really cautious and swam in about 1/2 way several times, but he kept backing out. He knew there was food in there though. His stomach finally got the best of him and I watched him swim all the way in. Jumped off the couch and slapped the lid on!! SUCKER!!!!!!!!!

I have him sold to a local reefer for $20. I couldn't meet her until tomorrow though. I took a spare 5g tank (my old frag tank) and filled it with 3g of fresh saltwater thats been sitting in my mixing bucket since last Sunday. Dumped Striper in there. Took the powerhead and heater out of my mixing bucket. Then I grabbed about 3lbs of live rock outta the frag tank. That oughta provide some biological filtration, heat and water movement for the rest of the day. Good enough for that little piece of :pooh:

Tomorrow he goes into a 135g fish only tank.

:D

I need a beer........ :beerchug:

wow, smart tactic! good work!

ever decide what fish you wanna replace him with?

I'm holding off for now. I might have to relocate to find a decent job and really shouldn't add livestock to my tank right now. I WANT to soooooooooo bad, but I know it's not the responsible thing to do. I might end up parting out the whole reef if I have to move 2 or 3 states away. How on earth would you transport corals and rock that far? :shock:

Best to just hold off for now and let Nemo hang-out in the 30g tank by himself.

WAIT NO! You can't abandon them. You just need to get a power inverter and place them in a bucket with a powerhead and a small heater for the journey. They'll be ok! You can find inverters pretty cheap out there.

WAIT NO! You can't abandon them. You just need to get a power inverter and place them in a bucket with a powerhead and a small heater for the journey. They'll be ok! You can find inverters pretty cheap out there.

Man, my corals are all grown in between the rocks. They are grown from one rock across the next and onto the next one after that. My tank has "matured" in just 2yrs and there's no way to take the rocks out without fragging the corals as I pull the rocks out. I really don't know what to do. I'd have to transport about 50lbs of live rock along with my corals. There's no other way to do it.

How on earth would you do that? What if it's a 2-3 day move from Colorado to Kansas City or even Atlanta, GA?

I can see maybe a few corals in a 5g bucket with a powerhead and a heater. But I'm dumb founded on how to move the whole thing. I could frag the zoas and sell the mother colonies. I would REALLY like to keep all my LPS. I LOVE my LPS corals and I have a couple pretty decent pieces.

I'll just have to cross that bridge when I come to it. :HELP!:

I moved corals on my back in a backpack from vancouver washington to boise idaho on my motorcycle. still have some in my tank now 2 years later!

Man, my corals are all grown in between the rocks. They are grown from one rock across the next and onto the next one after that. My tank has "matured" in just 2yrs and there's no way to take the rocks out without fragging the corals as I pull the rocks out. I really don't know what to do. I'd have to transport about 50lbs of live rock along with my corals. There's no other way to do it.

How on earth would you do that? What if it's a 2-3 day move from Colorado to Kansas City or even Atlanta, GA?

I can see maybe a few corals in a 5g bucket with a powerhead and a heater. But I'm dumb founded on how to move the whole thing. I could frag the zoas and sell the mother colonies. I would REALLY like to keep all my LPS. I LOVE my LPS corals and I have a couple pretty decent pieces.

I'll just have to cross that bridge when I come to it. :HELP!:
Just get yourself some plastic tubs for the majority of your LR, and put the corals in a 10gal container with a heater and powerhead. Should be fine. Corals get shipped from the wild for up to 36 hours in a bag and they come out ok.

I moved corals on my back in a backpack from vancouver washington to boise idaho on my motorcycle. still have some in my tank now 2 years later!
Yeah but you are pretty gangsta.

HOW? Details man, details!! :bowdown:
This was done very budget. My favorite brew ever is in portland. local company does not distribute.... but they do sell quart jars to go. so i purchased a couple and consumed them. threw frags and water in quart jars and wrapped them in aluminum foil for protection from the late june heat and hit the road. things went just fine! i wouldnt recommend this method but hell it worked! and frags were from hawks12thman and were FREE!

Back