damn damsels

Yep.Just take a pair of pliers and mash the barb down on the hook and fish em out.
As long as you dont pull them completely out of the water,you wont even be able to tell they were hooked,and it dont hurt em or stress em like chasing em with a net will.

As long as the hooks small enough.But remember that damsels have small mouths and it'll take a tiny hook to catch em.

well well i think i can be the most helpful here, i have had 4 fish i had to catch and was successful each and everytime. i also had a crab i had to catch that ate alot of my coral. the best and easiest way i have been able to catch fish with is a slim powerade bottle but its not only that u have to starve your fish an spot feed only the ones you want to keep.
best thing to do is feed or try to feed the fish you like, when ur damsels r starving they will get desperate for anything....

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

I'll add to that, thats similar to the minnow trap only you turn the top of the bottle inside of the main part. The fish swims in and can't get back out, this works if you can't sit around and wait.

really I usually can get them in there everytime. Those silly tricky fish :)

I tried without the top once and the fish figured out that it could back up to the opening in the bottle and fan its tail and the food would come out. :D

*puts on superhero suit* DUN DUN DUN DUUUUNNNNN *in whooshes the damsel defender* HAVE NO FEAR! SHARKIE WILL COME AND TAKE THEM FROM YOUR TANK! lol.

i can't believe how lucky I must be to have all wonderful nice damsels... mine have never caused me any problems at all!!

HAHA
I had a yellowtail that killed everything I added to the tank.When I took him to the store to trade,we put him in with a big grouper,horned moray,clown trigger,and big dogface puffer.
First the moray died,then the trigger,then the grouper.Sold the puffer and grouper.Then finally GAVE that damsel to some guy that only wanted one cheap fish.

Back