Damsel constantly hungry

nudy6969

RUSTYS BROWN DOUGHNUT
im feeding my damsel brine shrimp. he always seems hungry and looks for food, i feed him 2 times a day, 20 min after i feed him, he is still hungry, and im pretty sure i feed ihim enough food.

my question to you is Wtf? is wrong with him. i feed him 3 times today, and hes swimming around looking for food right now.

Brine shrimp has no nutrtional value. It's considered a treat. Go buy some different frozen fish food.

Try mysis shrimp. It's much healthier. You can buy a mix of frozen foods, Marine Cuisine, Emerald Entree, Rod's Food. I rotate foods. Spice up their little captive lives a bit!

Switching foods won't stop him from being hungry, they're fish, that's what they do. They are constantly searching for food and foraging. Some people feed their fish twice a week, that's all. He's not going to starve, and once a day should be fine for him (that's how often I feed mine).

No, it will be a while before it shows any sign of malnutrition. Feeding brine for now is fine, I would just switch as soon as you can.

My baby nemo wont eat nothing but brine. I have tried mysis and other things and he wont touch them. He knows exactly what his brine looks like. Your fish should be find until you make the switch. My brine is always soaked in garlic so that may be why he is so energetic

Back