damsel

rbb302

Reefing newb
so my dad wint out to day and got 3 three stipe damsel and 3 Domino Damsel i have 2 clowns 1 dog face puffer and 3 chromis. they dont seem to be fighting but i here they can be really aggressive and its 120 gallon tank with 50lbs rock. and im going get a naso tang in about a mounth would he be ok with them

In a tank that size, they'd probably be okay. They do have a tendency to fight to the death with each other, and kill other fish, which is why I hate damsels and try to convince people not to buy them.

What I'm more worried about is adding 6 fish to a new tank. Even in a tank your size, you should add one or two fish at a time. Even though damsels are small fish, there's a possibility that you will see your water parameters spike.

You can't move it, only a mod can move it. I deleted your duplicate threads and moved this one to the Reef Fishes forum. No worries.

Ick, why did you buy 6 damsels? I guarantee theyll make life hell for the rest of your fish, and youll be stuck attempting to fish them out... I had two.. An electric blue, and a three stripe. They spent the majority of their time pushing around my other fish. Backing into them with their tails, rubbing the side of their bodies into the other fish, ect. Nasty little guys...

You'd be best off with either the 2 clowns or watchman only in a 12 gal probably. What kind of clowns? Some clowns like Tomatos and maroons get big.

The more fish you have in that 12gal, the more closely you'll have to watch your parameters, expect to do lots of water changes and you'll need a good skimmer to keep up with the waste. Maybe just start with one fish and see how that goes, then add another in a week or two if you think it'll work. Good luck

Ok, I'm going to with just the clowns then. I want 2 though, just to pair them up. I've read they do better in pairs, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

I have (or will have) and aquapod which has a filter built in with a surface skimmer, so it shouldn't be too big of a problem if I get 2 clowns will it?

Back