Damsels no longer in charge

jimymac

Reefing newb
Bought me a yellow tang today. Got him acclimated to the tank, he is now in charge. Chases the damsels all over. Eel came out to check him out, pretty cool to see. Eel was swimming under the rocks cjecking out every move the tang made.

Is that going to be the last fish in the tank. The yellow might not let you put anymore in there. Actually The tang will outgrow that size tank very shortly if not already.

That's funny...my yellow tang actually paired up with my Damsel when I first got it; in fact, it was quite the strange crew as the Damsel would follow my blue headed wrasse around like a kid and his big brother, and the Tang would swim next to Damsel like he was having a conversation but the damsel wouldn't listen. I always get a kick out of seeing the different personalities of fish even, especially within the same species

if its a baby tang it might be ok for a while but a regular size tang will surly stress from lack of swimming room. Probably even a small baby one will stress soon enough. but if its doing well, keep an eye on it just in case.

Back