Darko's Upgrade 46g Bow Front

That SUCKS big time. I'm so sorry Donna. Don't let it defeat you!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLV4BBmjnzM]YouTube - I Am Woman by Helen Reddy LIVE 1975 Midnight Special[/ame]

Jeez Donna, that's horrible..Hope everything else goes alot smoother. Looking forward to the build thread...

So I got a new tank! I took it to a local reefer today and talked plumbing, I am looking at doing this overflow system. After talking to the guy he suggested this would be best so I will not lose so much space on the sanded, vs a column style and I agree. He had the same set up on his tank and it was really quiet I am happy about that. I am ordering all of the bulkheads before we drill so its going to be another few days plus I he didn't have a way to hold the bow front tank so he is going to work on that really at this point I don't have a reason to hurry lol... I got stuff to work on the stand hopefully tomorrow I will start that project. I am also trying to figure out some fans in the hood.

Well its that time on June 27th I finally got my tank inside my house with SW! Last Saturday I got a clean up crew, here are some pics to make the post worth it :)

So you can see I cleaned up under the stand I added a fan that I will only use on really hot summer days... I think it is my fault Seattle has had a crappy summer so much for needing it maybe next year?

DSC_1357.jpg

I have a sand light other than the fuge light now that is nice :) I also made a new smaller shelf for outlet protection and for my air pump to sit on... I run an air stone in my sump.
DSC_1358.jpg

WIRES I have 2 PC4 w/ the reef keeper, 8plugs + 8plug American DJ + 6 plug heavy duty one... you can also kind of see my new fuge light it is a lizard light lol we had some and it was pretty prefect for what I need.
DSC_1774.jpg

I went back and forth on this but I did paint the PVC black with fusion paint there is only one part that is actually in the water, its in the sump so snails shouldn't get to it. I have heard that they can take the paint off but I have seen a nano with the painted background painted in the water (DIY all in one) that tank has been just fine so form over function it is!

You can also see I ran my reactor off my return pump its nice one less plug...
DSC_1775.jpg

You can see what I didn't paint just in case a snail get any ideas. the overflow box is black acrylic so its fine. This is something I went back and forth on but I am using rock supports I want and will have a blue spotted jaw fish. I have a few more mods and some water stability first but it will be mine. I will post some more pics and stuff soon.

DSC_1839.jpg

for fish I know I will have BSJ, I am thinking snowflake or Picasso clown they have them at my LFS pretty often now. But what would be a good FIRST NOT CRAZY $$ fish that will still get along with those? open to suggestions? I don't want a 6line they are like the black labs of fish IMHO... really smart or really NOT...

You know, not that I condone tank failures or anything, but they really do force us to upgrade...and that's never a bad thing, right? :mrgreen:

Looking good!

THANKS EVERYONE :)

You know, not that I condone tank failures or anything, but they really do force us to upgrade...and that's never a bad thing, right? :mrgreen:

Looking good!

So true, you learn so much by setting it up and realizing all of your mistakes... it was nice to up grade the current build instead of starting with a new tank / stand a lot of thought was put into where things are placed in the stand and how easily they can be worked on... that sand is not really big and there is a lot of stuff in there.

That is going to be awesome!

You should also update your zoo thread with all your other cool critters :D

Ok, I have been playing a lot with poison dart frogs recently I will work on that

Good job! I love my yellow assessor. Kinda pricy online tho...

Yeah they look cool, I may put them on the list not the 1st fish to $$...

All Set up I like the aquascaping I left myself with a lot more room on the sandbed. Also did you notice the lack of a shadow :) YEP I CUT THE STRAP OUT!!! I did replace it with 1/4 in clear acrylic. DO NOT DO THIS WITH WATER IN YOUR TANK!! My tank was empty / brand new when I did it. I have been keeping a close eye on all of my seals and am pretty confident its going to work but I make no promises this will work for you.

DSC_1920.jpg

DSC_1921.jpg

DSC_1922.jpg

DSC_1923.jpg

DSC_1938.jpg

DSC_1939.jpg

DSC_1940.jpg

DSC_1927.jpg

Well its been a year (almost to the day) from my last post, the tank has been up this whole time being neglected for a lot of it. life, it happens. However I have re inspired myself to make it look like something again. About 2-3 months ago I took the hood off and scrapped the front glass of corline you literally couldn't see thought it. Right now I am having some hair algae and cyano issues but the cyano is getting cleared up pretty fast I had a powerhead failure and didn't know. The whole time I only lost one SPS and a fish who went carpet surfing, I'm pretty lucky for neglecting it as long as I did I should have had some sort of crash. I really think my ONLY saving grace was my LR to water volume, about 175-200lbs in a 60g system.

This is after I scrapped some! I finally took the hood all the way off. These were taken with my cell phone
545966_10150770997056342_1132865123_n.jpg.

550455_10150801579141342_277129628_n.jpg

Run down of the past year, I still have Grandmas tank going 24g biocube it to has been neglected but nothing lost. However I have never seen so much bubble algae in my life. The fuval never worked as a reef I wasn't willing to spend the cash for lighting, I had a 'bullseye shrimp" in there for the better part of the year but he just bit the dust a few weeks ago and now the tank is going to be FW for the wife. I have a 12''X12'' that I am looking at starting up but not until my tank and grandmas are doing better.

Back