Day 5 ! Can you see a difference ?

Lesely

Reefing newb
image.jpg
Day one. Emaciated ich & little inactive Day 5. Better colour. Ich gone extremely active & had gained a little weight. Noticed more around the face than the body at this stage. Eyes aren't so sunken.
image.jpg
image.jpg

OK, blood worms aren't a good choice for marine fish, shrimp, mysis and better yet, plankton if you can find it. You're close to the southern ocean so you might be able to find it down under.

thank you for following this little guy. He is so friendly I am amazed at his comeback. I know we took a big chance, but you guys were right the ICH didnt spread (thank god). Interesting you say blood worm aren't good for marine as they are sold here with a picture of tangs etc on the packet. I had heard that from one person before but wasn't sure if he was correct. Blood worms now out of the freezer and binned.
Can i just ask you guys, he has been a very friendly fish and not aggressive towards anyone. But our lipstick tang has been sulking for a few days now and doesnt seem to be covering as much of the tank as he used to.
Can fish get their noses put out of joint with a new fish (he was the top dog) even if the fish isn't nasty at all. lippy was the only fish that flared fins but never slapped. He still does it now when their paths cross.
Will he get over his tantrum ?

PB tangs are notoriously aggressive, I bet when you're not around, he's giving the Lipstick tang some chin music. In that tank, they'll get their issues sorted out in short order. I will offer a word of caution about all tangs, that spike in their tail is razor sharp, they didn't get the name surgeonfish for no reason.

Bloodworms are a freshwater fish food and some people can have an allergic reaction to them, I am one of those people. Marine fish should eat marine foods as should freshwater fish eat freshwater foods.

Back