dcantucson's Zero Edge

dcantucson

Reef pro
Okay! Okay! After much speculation that it doesn't exist here is proof once and for all.

Please keep in mind that the pictures were taken with a Casio point & shoot. I found an old Sony Cybershot in storage which I'll hook up to see if it will work better. Also keep in mind that I am rebuilding my stock after my heater malfunction. I lost over 30 corals total. It was devastating and made me want to give up! But I didn't!

pretty cool looking for a imaginary tank. Very nice really even after you boiled it still looks better then mine. :grumble:

Get rid of everything after the .jpg in your urls.

SouthView2.jpg

NorthEastView.jpg

NorthView.jpg

SouthView1.jpg

WestView.jpg

Thanks for that positive feedback!

And thanks for the help Dennis. I tried to post them without using photobucket, but it kept saying "error". So all I need do is remove .jpg and I can attach a photo directly?

The lighting fixture and specs are: (use 60" 250MH)

Current USA Outer Orbit 10K HQI-MH w/ T5 HO & Lunar Lights

Specifications
Model: 1078
Length: 60"
10000K PowerPaq: 2 x 250W
Actinic 460nm: 2 x 54W
Actinic 420nm: 2 x 54W
Lunar Light Blue/White: 9/9
Dimensions: 60" x 15" x 4.25"
Total Watts: 729
Total Amps: 6.3
Fixture Configuration: B

I did change out the MH bulbs to Phoenix 14000k that I got from Nathan. The 10000k were much whiter

Last edited:
Hey does your MH lighting have big ballasts separate from the fixture or is everything contained in the fixture? Last time I had MH lighting there were these huge ballasts separate from the light itself.

I'm not sure if I want to go with the MH/t5 combo for my new tank or just stick with all T5. ATI has their Powermodule that is 24" long and 10 bulbs! Something like that should look great over a cube tank.

georgeous, absolutely georgeous,

i just have one question, you're running that entire tank off just one plug? and its not GFCI from what i can see?!?!?! :mrgreen:

Hey does your MH lighting have big ballasts separate from the fixture or is everything contained in the fixture? Last time I had MH lighting there were these huge ballasts separate from the light itself.

I'm not sure if I want to go with the MH/t5 combo for my new tank or just stick with all T5. ATI has their Powermodule that is 24" long and 10 bulbs! Something like that should look great over a cube tank.

I have 2 external ballasts which are mounted inside the cabinet. Not the best I know, but the cabinet has ventilation vents in it so there is air circulation. I am concerned about the moisture though.

I think 10 bulbs will do just fine without MH, too.

georgeous, absolutely georgeous,

i just have one question, you're running that entire tank off just one plug? and its not GFCI from what i can see?!?!?! :mrgreen:

That plug is on a GFCI circuit that tied to the guest bathroom. My house is mostly all glass and concrete too so there's not much to burn. :lol:

I think every plug is tied to a GFCI thing in this house. They are everywhere.

Looks sweet...why do you keep it in the bomb shelter though? :lol:

If I had a tank like that I'd put in the driveway just so when people passed by, I could look at them smuggly, "Ya, you know you like ;-)" :mrgreen:

ok, just checkn, cause i dont want anything to happen to that nice tank...

so i'm guessing that the water sheets down the outside of the tank, and i would hope that its quiet, but is it really?

Amazingly quiet, REALLY! The fish make more noise than the tank. 3 Tangs playing around sometimes break the top of the water and splash a little.

I have two 14000 Quiet One pumps in the sump that move over 7,000 gallons up and over an hour.

Back