Dead chocolate chip starfish

Nope. Fill the tube to what it says, add so many drops of this and sometimes so many drops of that, too, depending on what test, wait the specified time and match em up.

Sounds like you need to sit down and learn how to do water parameters.. my 11 year old brother has a 20 gallon saltwater tank and does his own salt mix, water changes and param testing.

I was always interested in having a saltwater tank, and the show Tanked gave me the push to try it. I quickly learned that its not as simple as they show. I just recently lost a couple fish and a coral and that part sucks, but the process of finding out why things happen in the tank will make you a better keeper for your tank. I made myself a log that i fill out daily, i write down any parameters i tested, any supplements i added to the tank. I note if all my fish and corals are out and normal, and most importantly I just watch things for a few minutes to write down any changes i notice, anything new or different. It has proved a valuable tool because if there's one thing i have noticed in this hobby its that what you see in your tank today, is the result of things a few day before. this log allows me to look back in time to help figure out any changes. Stick with it, learn from your mistakes and enjoy the tank.

Back