Dead coral?

Stogey

Rookie
Hey. I bought a torch about a week or so ago, has 3 heads. When I got it back from the fish store the coral was obviously all tucked away. It still hasn't come out and now I don't even see any colour showing. I know corals can take awhile to come back out after the shock, but I've never seen one look like this. Looked very healthy in the store.

sorry for leaving you, if you have a FB upload it to there, right click and select "copy image address" then paste it into the pic tab ^above ... that method is good, however i like to add a step. i add about %30 of my tanks water to the bag, and let it sit. i add about half an hour into the acclimation.

Yeah that's a good idea. I'll just let it be. Nothing has changed in my tank. Everything is right where it should be.
Never had a coral do this before. Could I have killed it on the trip?

parameters?
and i doubt it, ive had corals live in a bag for over 24hrs.. unless something happened?

Yeah nothing out of the ordinary for parameters. My salinity was a little high yesterday. Did a water change this morning. Sittin at .024

Yeah nothing out of the ordinary for parameters. My salinity was a little high yesterday. Did a water change this morning. Sittin at .024

We need numbers... "nothing out of the ordinary" can mean many different things... also what are you running for lights?

Back