Dead Duncan

Smitty

Reef pro
My damn male clownfish has been harassing my duncan coral for awhile, to the point where all I have is pretty much the skeleton with a lil flesh inside. Everywhere I moved it, he would follow. I am pissed cause that duncan was my fav coral.

Ted is once again a hater (in an Elvis outfit). :D

Sorry to hear about your Duncan, I'd kill my clown if she killed my Duncan.

You need to pickup a hairy shroom for your clown to host, so it won't beatup anything else. Good luck Smitty!

That sux Smitty.
If it was my clown,he'd hosting a turd in the septic tank right about now.
Thats the bad thing about clowns though.They'll try to host in about anything that looks like an anemone to them,and a lot of times,they'll host several different corals causing all kinds of problems in the tank.

Smitty, have you tried buying some frilly or hairy mushrooms? I think those would be more attractive to the clown than the duncan, and he can't hurt them.

Clowns are evil I tell you! EVIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

I like what Yote said about hosting a terd, LOL.

This is great to read. Considering how my clown has been trying to bond with my duncan lately...

I came home from work the other day and he had popped a few of the duncan's "arms" but everything else was fine. The first couple of days the duncan looked really stressed but looks fine now. I think I am going to ultimately try the hairy mushroom route also.

I have a black and white percula that hosts several different corals in my 180. She will host my hairy mushrooms, swim up to my duncans, then over to my frogspawns, then to the colt coral, umbrella leather, to the rose anemone.

silly little clownfish... I love my clown but my duncans would deffinatley come first.

I'm really debating if I wanna get rid of the clowns...but they are the only fish I have in my reef at the time. I'm wondering if I get another duncan, will he harass that one also.

i hope my clown leaves mine alone. i just had my lfs frag their mother colony of duncans so i could take a head home. i pick it up on wed. i dont know what i would do.

or if he starts trying to host on the dendro i just brought home. then he will have to go.

Theres a good chance that he'll go straight for a new duncan.Probably be rolling all in it before you even got your hand out of the tank.

It's worth a shot. Put the hairy mushroom in first, as far away as you can from where you plan to put the duncan. Then don't add the duncan until the clown has claimed the shroom as its territory. And if it doesn't, well, at least you tried!

Back