Dead Fish

Doc

I don't work for anybody
It wouldn't be a vacation without coming home to the sweet stench of dead fish. I new it as soon as I walked in the door. The corals in my tank looked displaced and I knew what happened. My shark got trapped under falling rock and got wasted. Sure enough. I found him, just starting to decompose. When I pulled him out, the stream of the powerhead sent his guts flying all over the tank. I yanked him out and did a quick water change to get rid of as much entrails as I could. Kiss that one good-bye. dammit! I knew I should have waited for a bigger one to just add to the 125. Ah well, no big loss. I will just chalk it up to the long list of dead fish in my tanks.

-Doc

sorry to hear about that shark. you know it saddens me as i love sharks. secondly i hope you came back from vegas a richer man so you can have a REAL shark tank

I'm sorry for your loss, Marco. That's a pretty gross story. But it made me laugh. I laughed almost as hard as the story of the guy's cleaner shrimp that got sucked into the return pump of his sump, and he witnessed the antennas and legs get shot back into the tank. Yeah, it was almost as funny as that story. Guess you'll have to try harder next time.

He was about 7 inches long. I got over it until you brought it back up Biff....it was kinda funny.

-Doc

nah, I will just not have any rotting carcasses in the future! I can control that. sort of.

-Doc

not with your vegas fascination and how often you go there. and your love for instant gratification. don't worry I share those same problems

sorry to read about the incident...thats a risk of us all with fish tanks..when i was in vacation on jersey..everyting got messed in my tank..fortunatly no fish loss...good luck nex time!!

Sorry for your lost Doc,I hope everything else makes it out okay.My giant colt did the same thing.It was in a nano and waiting for the 210 to get ready.Part of it got stuck in the filter,rotted and started a bacteria bloom.It melted and flaked apart as soon as I picked it up.It stuck like hell,the worst smell you could imagine.There don't you feel better,I guess misery loves company,I suppose.

when you have a black tip reef shark you can have angels in that tank so if the shark gets pissed he can avenge the death of his fallen brother, though they typically coexist well together

i appreciate the flow of concern from all of you. I recovered just fine. I just hate that smell. I will get another shark, just bigger this time---like 14 inches

-Doc

angels and sharks get along when the shark is much bigger than the angels. In my case, it was not

-Doc

Back