Dead Heniocus Missing Scotter !!!

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
So just a couple days ago I found my heniocus dead, He was looking a little sick but I tought he would make it. I guess I was wrong, Him and the blue jaw have ben fighting a bit and he then broke out with ich from the stress so he did not make it. Now yesterday I was looking and could not find my scotter blenny, Now that I think about it I haven't seen him in maybe a week or so. So I guess I just lost 2 fish. Im seriously thinking of getting a 60 gl tank and running it with a canister filter as a hyposalinity treatmeant, ofcourse I would pull my remaining fish out of my system for a couple months and just put them in there new temp home of 60 gl with a lot of PVC pipes for hiding places. and treat them for those 2 months so that I can finally be done with the ich. Sometimes its just a paint in the ass.

So I would have to pull out my

BLue Jaw, Yellow tang, Six Line, Sandsifting goby, and 2 fire fish.

The ones I know will be a pain to get are the fire fish and six line, I know I can get the blue jaw and tang with the fish trap really easy. Ugh I don't know what to do.

Sorry to hear about your fish! My eel keeps everyone on edge so I see ich every once and a while. I just turn the temp up till it clears. I have been very lucky so far. You have some expensive fish. Beyond being a good caretaker, I would hate to lose the investment in live stock. Good luck!

Moving the fish would just cause more stress, if you can get them to eat in the DT, I'd just leave them in there to fight it off. Sorry about your loss.

However, Scooters are pretty tiny. Give him some time, he may just pop up.

Actually my current fish are now just fine and doing great, They never stop eating and usually just have a small break out when new fish are added if they fight a bit. But they have alwys ben able to fight it off, they heniocus was added to to long ago maybe a couple moths so he was fighting for a bit and eating really good but I guess time finally took him out with the ich. But my yellow tang and blue jaw are not showing any signs of ich at all even do I know they do have it. That is why I think if I use the same tank water. When doing a water change just use it in the QT tank and then slowly bring down the salinity they would be fine. and that way I red my self of more struggles with ich later on in the future as long as I QT all new fish. and get the ich out of my system by QT my current fish in hypo treatment and leaving my tank fish free for 2 months.

Back