Dead Lawnmower Blenny

amonya

Reefing newb
SALINITY WAS FINE AND CAL ,AMO 0 ,NITRATES DROPPED TO 5 ,NITRITES 0 PH 8.3. BUT iVE SEEN MY TOMATOS ACT VERY AGGRESSIVE TOWARDS DO U THINK MAYBE IT WAS ATTACKED BY THE TOMATOS THAT SOUNDS KIND OF FUNNY DOSENT IT BUT CORALS ARE DOING JUST FINE EVERTHING IS NORMAL BESIDES THE BLENNY ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW MAYBE THE BLENNY WAS KILLED ALSO i FEED EVERY OTHER DAY MAYBE STARVED NOT SHEAR SOMEONE SHEAD SOME LIGHT ON THE SUBJECT. P.S DEALER SAID i PROBLY STARVED IT BUT i WOULD SEE THE BLENNY EAT ALL THE TIME! :frustrat: :frustrat:

my lawnmower blenny is always picked on by other fish with the same algea habits (other blennies, tangs)

SALARIAS FASCIATUS (Bloch, 1786)

Jeweled Rockskipper (jeweled blenny, lawnmower blenny)

-Max. length 5.1 in.
-Range; Indo Pacific
-Minimum Aquarium Size; 55 gal
-foods and feeding; Vegetable matter, including frozen and dried foods containing marine algae and the blue green alga Spirulina. Does best if a crop of microalgae (its natural source of food) is present in the aquarium.
-Reef campatibility; May nip at stony corals and clam mantles. Its feeding activity stirs up sediment, putting detritus into suspension where it can be removed by mechanical filters.
- Captive Care; This is a utility fish acquired by many aquarists to help control filamentous and film algae. (It will leave curious, full lipped kiss marks on the walls of the tank where it rasps away algal growth). May starve in tanks that are not well established or that have insufficient algae. Large individuals will attack fish tankmates, including other blenny species, especially in smaller aquariums. Keep singly unless in a large system or if a male female pair is obtained. Never keep with seahorses or pipefishes, which it will harass.

AMPHIPRION FRENATUS Brevoort, 1856

Tomato Anemonefish (Tomato Clownfish)

-length 5.5 in.
-Range; Western Pacific
- minimum aquarium size; 30 gal
-foods and feeding; Varied diet, including meaty food items, such as frozen mysid shrimp, vitamin enriched brine shrimp, and finely chopped table shrimp, as well as frozen preparations for herbivores. Feed at least 2 times a day.
-Reef Aquarium Suitability; Ideal for the reef aquarium. An occasional specimen may wallow in the polyps of a large polyped stony coral, which can irritate them and cause them to close. Will occasionally pull feather dusters from their tubes.
-Captive Care; Bold and colorful, this species is extremely hardy, and captive bred individuals are almost invincible. It can also prove to be very belligerent when it begins to mature, striking out at peaceful tankmates, especially other anemone fishes. Should be kept singly or in mated pairs; never house with other anemonefishes. Associates with the bubbletip (Entacmaea quadricolor) and leathery (Heteractis crispa) sea Anemones, although it will thrive without them.

lawnmower blenny

I lost my lawnmower blenny about a month ago and don't know why. He seemed lively and happy then he disappeared. I don't think he starved. I am going to get another soon.
Burney

Back