Dead Sea Hare

Sux@maintenance

Reefing newb
I bought a sea hare to take care of my algae problem. The fish guy got it from the back room and it was a biggun. I slowly acclimated him into my tank but he croaked the next day by some rock anemones. They kill him, did I, or did the fish guy hose me. In the market for another so any tips, tricks or hints would be appreciated.

Thanks

Take the sea hare back if it died after one day!!!!
Most LFS here have a waranty on livestock. Just bring a water sample. They are going to want to make sure that the water quality didnt kill it.

Brian

I took in a sample the day I purchased it. Calcium was a bit high but they still sold it. I just tossed and assumed I d!cked it up. Will give it another shot. All my rocks look they are wearing green fur coats.

Why did he get it from the back room? Maybe there was a reason it wasn't on the sales floor?
I thought on it for a bit and gave him the benefit of the doubt. I guess business ethics aren't what they used to be. I talked to someone else in a different store and he said it was probably a different species. Apparently, the species of hare was meant for cooler climates. I just bought 2 tiny sea hares and they are working like a champ now. One has, what looks like, pink feather like thing protruding from its back hole. I should have taken the stink'n carcass and hid it in their store.

Back