Dead Shrimp and Emerald Crab...

10% a week is perfect...

Sometimes animals die with no good explanation... The obvious things have been ruled out. I'd say wait a few weeks and see if anyone else dies. If no one does, it could have been a fluke.

What's your feeding schedule. You may be getting nitrates from over feeding. Your nitrates are too high, especially for the shrimp. I would do a larger water change if you can.

What's left in the tank?

HAve you by any chance heard any clicking coming from the tank?

No. No clicking. I inspected my LR really well before I put it in. And the tank is in my bedroom, so I'm pretty sure I would have heard some clicking by now...

As for my feeding schedule, I feed Omega One Freeze Dried mysis or brine shrimp around 5:00pm each day. At 5pm, I only put 3 "servings" (each the size of a sewing pin head) in the aquarium because I only had 1 goby, 4 shrimp, the emerald crab, and then miscellaneous snails and hermit crabs.

I'm going to check my nitrates again today, and probably do another 10% water change just to get them down.

My tank has a faint smell of rotten eggs. I think it is probably just the smell of decay from the shrimp and crab that died. Could it mean something else, though?

Yeah... It could mean trapped gasses in your sandbed.

What do you do about that?

Also, I re-tested for stray electricity in my tank with my dad's help. The voltmeter read at 0.02. However, when I removed all of the equipment from my tank one at a time, it still read 0.02. What's up with that?

Back