Deal or no Deal?

UnderwaterWorld

Reef enthusiast
I think it's a deal

AGA 46BF Tank
AGA Black Stand (Wood with Satin finish, not the plastic one)
Current USA Nova Extreme T5HO setup with 1month old Current USA bulbs. (single reflector though, not good for SPS but decent for Softies/LPS)
AGA Standard Lid with Flourescant light
AGA Glass Lid
Oceanic Canopy
ProClear 75 Wet/Dry w/ Bio-Balls, mini skimmer, and rio 800 for the skimmer

$300

Its not a bad deal. Up to you. Maybe you can find better?

Ive noticed lately a few people ended up getting better deals then they originally thought by looking for more options...Maybe this site brings luck. But nevertheless, its a good deal.

yea I thought it was a pretty good deal just because of the light. Also the stand which probably retails for over $100. what would I be able to keep under the light?

Nearly all LPS and soft corals, a few varieties of SPS through out middle of tank. There are one or two SPS (one is a Monti) that actually are deep water corals and would do good at bottom of tank. And more SPS in the top 1/4 th of tank. I would not really recommend any anemones or clams though. Most fish have few lighting requirements. Your limits are not that much from lighting type or wattage really as T-5's are in genearl pretty strong lighting. The lack of single reflectors is a problem. Circulation must be stronger with most SPS, but that is a different subject all together.

Last edited:
I don't want an anenome, so I'm good there. My 34 g has a clam in it so I'm set there too.

I was planning on keeping mostly LPS and zoas anyway, maybe a few SPS, so this sounds perfect. I can always just put the SPS in my 34 under the halide

That does sound like a pretty good deal. Last week a buddy of mine sold me a 55 gal tank and stand (no canopy) for $50. He does only freshwater, but I couldnt pass up a 55 gal with stand for $50. Another friend of mine was given a 180 gal tank with filtration system, sump, skimmer and lights by another friend of his. He also does only freshwater so he sold the light and....prepare yourself for this.....;......he threw away the filter, sump, and skimmer.

I almost "deficated" on myself when he told me he did that. I told him I should whoop his a#$ for doing something so stupid. He said "I am never going to do saltwater so why....oh wait, you do saltwater dont you?" I said yes I do.....you could have sold it to me or given it to me. What a retard right?

that really blows, atleast you got one good deal!
That does sound like a pretty good deal. Last week a buddy of mine sold me a 55 gal tank and stand (no canopy) for $50. He does only freshwater, but I couldnt pass up a 55 gal with stand for $50. Another friend of mine was given a 180 gal tank with filtration system, sump, skimmer and lights by another friend of his. He also does only freshwater so he sold the light and....prepare yourself for this.....;......he threw away the filter, sump, and skimmer.

I almost "deficated" on myself when he told me he did that. I told him I should whoop his a#$ for doing something so stupid. He said "I am never going to do saltwater so why....oh wait, you do saltwater dont you?" I said yes I do.....you could have sold it to me or given it to me. What a retard right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back