Dear Saltwater King

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Bifferwine, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Bifferwine

Bifferwine I am a girl

Hi,
    You set off a bunch of red flags for me. Allow me to elaborate:

1) You say you are a marine biologist. I am actually a real biologist. You do not talk like a biologist. You do not spell like a biologist. When I asked you who you worked/work for, you said, "Myself." Most biologists do not work for themselves.

2) You say that you live in Hawaii. But you spelled "Honolulu" wrong in your profile.

3) You originally posted that you have a 29 gallon and a 55 gallon tank in your profile; yet you told everyone in chat that you had a 500 gallon tank and a 1,100 gallon tank. When I pointed it out and said, "Why does your profile say a 29 and a 55?", you logged out of chat -- and then changed your profile to say you have a 500 gallon tank and a 1,100 gallon tank.

4) The picture of your tanks.

[​IMG]

If this is in your home, why is there a fire extinguisher sign behind your tank? I have a fire extinguisher in my house, but I don't have a giant red sign up on the wall to remind me that it's there.

[​IMG]

This is a tank filled with fake corals and no fish. Really? That's your reef tank? That looks like the kind of tank you'd see at a hotel or a Rainforest Cafe.

5) You give bad advice. A lot of what you have posted on here is just wrong. You have the order of the nitrogen cycle wrong. You are a marine biologist and you don't know how the nitrogen cycle works? You told everyone in chat you keep a reef tank under 1 watt per gallon of PC lighting... Hmmmm... Sounds about right! :lol:

6) What kind of 50/60 year old retired biologist has the email address "skater1andahalf"? Hey, guess what. I'm a mod. I can look up your email address.

7) Please refer to #2: You say you live in Hawaii. Why does your IP address originate in Denver? Hey, guess what. I'm a mod. I can look up your IP address too.

Let me recap: You are in Hawaii...and have 500, and 1,100 gallon reef tanks, and you are a 50 to 60 year old something retired marine biologist...

And the coup de grace...

8) Hey! Look what I found! This is you! Posting on the DENVER CRAIGSLIST. ABOUT YOUR 30 GALLON TANK. And what a fine 30 gallon tank it must be -- an undergravel filter and a few damsels.

30 gallon salwater fish tank

And this is you too! Posting on the DENVER CLASSIFIEDS! ABOUT YOUR GOPED! You, a 50 or 60 year old biologist, snapped your goped in half at the front?

goped with snapped frame - $60 | Denver Classifieds

If you are in Hawaii, you know, being a professional diver and all, why would you advertise using the Denver classifieds?

Lesson: Don't bullshit a bullshitter. Good day, and good bannishment to you. Liars are not tolerated here. Run and tell that, homeboy. :D

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
    Bifferwine, Aug 10, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Bifferwine

wontonflip I failed Kobayashi Maru

Is it me, or are your claws nice and shiney today, Biff? LOL Do you need a toothpick after your meal? :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

wontonflip, Aug 10, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Bifferwine

PRC Stop Quoting Me!

Just call me Nostradamus...Cause I saw that comin' from down the street and around the corner..

His original post made my spidey senses tingle too. It just didn't make sense.

Bammm! That just happened!

PRC, Aug 10, 2010
  4. Bifferwine

cthegame

Busted!

Great work biff

cthegame, Aug 10, 2010
  5. Bifferwine

Leslee

I have one question! What is a Goped? Is that like a moped, like a vespa?

Oh and I just got that song out of my head! GEEE THANKS!!! :mrgreen: Run and tell that run and tell that home home homeboy!

This cracked me up! Thanks Biff! You made my night! Well I mean thanks Saltwater King!

Leslee, Aug 10, 2010
  6. Bifferwine

ltljoker The Great Tang Herder

I was really wondering about this guy when I read his profile that said he had an 1100 gallon tank. Hell I have trouble keeping a 200 gallon running. :frustrat: Biff you must be a pinkerton detective. Or part bloodhound :mrgreen: Why do people think they have to lie to be accepted:shock:

ltljoker, Aug 10, 2010
  7. Bifferwine

Bifferwine I am a girl

What can I say. I smell blood in the water, and I attack. Call it animal instincts if you will. :lol:

Bifferwine, Aug 10, 2010
  8. Bifferwine

little_fish Moderator

Release the phony catching kracken!

Go Biff!!

little_fish, Aug 10, 2010
  9. Bifferwine

PRC Stop Quoting Me!

Dear Jesus,

I know you don't owe me anything, and I probably shouldn't be calling in requests...But please never let NDB sneak out to the strip club. I know you're the all-knowing, but I've got a pretty good hunch that it could lead to the end of the world. Not trying to do your job for you or step on your toes, just trying to help...

Sincerely,

Your Buddy
    PRC

PRC, Aug 10, 2010
  10. Bifferwine

valasaraptor Proud ocelot owner!

go biff go biff go biff,he said a yellow clown goby could coexist with an engineer goby,i kno its not really a goby but dont u think the thing tht is responsible for eating sum smaller fish would eat a tiny 3/4 inch YCG? i do,he told me i could keep them together

valasaraptor, Aug 10, 2010
  11. Bifferwine

Wes888

Busted! :twisted:

Wes888, Aug 10, 2010
  12. Bifferwine

PRC Stop Quoting Me!

PRC, Aug 10, 2010
  13. Bifferwine

Bifferwine I am a girl

I told you they could go together, valasaraptor. :lol: I think they'll be fine ;)

Bifferwine, Aug 10, 2010
  14. Bifferwine

reeffreak

Hide your wife,hide your kids because Biff is coming for you!Not in the songs perverted way but in a good detective way.

I smelt that phoney a 1000 miles away.45 years experience my ass.

reeffreak, Aug 10, 2010
  15. Bifferwine

Bifferwine I am a girl

Well yes, the poor spelling and grammar immediately kicked off my spidey sense. Someone that works in a scientific field won't get very far if they write like that!

Bifferwine, Aug 10, 2010
  16. Bifferwine

PRC Stop Quoting Me!

Here's what gets me about it....If he would've just come on board and said, "I'm new, I've got a 29g tank" we would've welcomed him aboard, but he made up a completely different identity for no reason. I've watched enough "To Catch a Predator" to know it happens, but for God's sake this is a fish forum. I don't get it. Why go through the hassle? Weird.

PRC, Aug 10, 2010
  17. Bifferwine

valasaraptor Proud ocelot owner!

so sumthin he said was actually tru? are u sure because i have a feeling im gonna fall in love with the YCG,there supposed to have really good personalities

valasaraptor, Aug 10, 2010
  18. Bifferwine

fastrd400 It wasn't me! Moderator

Holy shit, LMFAO @ Run and tell that HOMEBOY!

You better lock up yo kids, lock up yo wife, and lock up you husband, cuz Biff be banning bullshiters up in here :bounce:

P.S. You forgot to add the part where he didn't need to come and confess, LOL

fastrd400, Aug 10, 2010
  19. Bifferwine

Bifferwine I am a girl

You don't need to confess... We gon' find you! We gon' find you!

Bifferwine, Aug 10, 2010
  20. Bifferwine

Bifferwine I am a girl

FYI, Saltwater King thought he was clever by coming back with a new account, Hacobo. It was kinda obvious. Saltwater King/Reef Master. 29 gallon tank and 55 gallon tank, Jacob/Hacobo. Oh yeah, and the same IP address. That little thing there... I told him if he was honest, he could get a second chance and be welcomed here! Then he called me a retard. :cry: So I banned him. Again.

Geez. Give up yet?

Bifferwine, Aug 10, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question