death by cat

daugherty

part time reefer
got up yesterday and my sailfin was gone i looked all over the tank and it is not in there. then i looked behind the tank and there is a salt stain on the bare wood the same size as the fish i think my cat went fishing. that fish cost more than the dang cat.

044.jpg

I doubt the cat would have been able to catch the fish (the fish would have just swam away); it's more likely that the fish jumped and the cat ate it... Sorry to hear about your loss, that sucks.

I agree with others. I doubt the cat could manage such a task of catching the fish in the tank. But if you see the cat attempting something like that, get a Lion fish or two, that should teach the cat not to mess with the tank ever again :mrgreen:

BTW, how did you like the sailfin? I've been thinking about getting one when our tank is ready for more fish. I couldnt decide on a yellow tang or a sailfin and I think I like the latter better simply because of the way they look when they raise their fins.

I dont think they are bland...just too common so we're too used to them. I think that pure yellow is awesome looking.

i like both yellow and the sailfin. and i have caught the cat up in the back of the tank trying to catch the fish. i have had that fish for two years and it has never jumped so i do beleive that i cat got it to jump if i could get rid of the cat i would i do not like cats.

I once found my cat perched on the thin edge of my freshwater tank swiping in the water with her paw! For real! I kicked her our before he caught anything. I would not underestimate a cat's ability to hook a fish with her claw.

Back