Decreasing power/flow of powerheads.

Thats pretty low as it is. But maybe you can cut the wire and put a dimmer inline to cut it down a little, but that may burn up the little motor, so I cant say if it will last.

Haha SeaBee always complicating things!! ;)
I would just get another powerhead, but, what powerhead are you using at the moment and what size tank?? 10 Gallons?

I think a 250 would be fine for a 8G, it just depends where you aim the flow, as fastrd said, i dont think they go lower than that. I will have a look for you.

Ok i have a quick look around, they do make them, but i would stick with the well known brands, these 100gph ones are very tacky, and got bad reviews. Maybe if you had a deep search you could find a decent one.

I could have an inline dimmer in there in about 3 minutes.

However, I was going to suggest he go out and buy a VFD for his pumps, oh, sorry, I meant to say Variable Frequency Drive, this way, you could vary the hertz to the motor and control them, and even hooks up with ethernet to bring it to your desktop....

OR, you could do what Waddi sad, get a smaller one.

I've got a 50 gph maxijet, they do come much smaller. IMO a single 250 isn't too much for an 8 gallon. It may be a bit big for that small a tank though.

Back