Dehumidifier water?

Big K

Reefing newb
Hey guys, I am shopping for a dehumidifier for my basement and was trying to find a solution for getting rid of the water it produces. I was thinking of mounting it in the upper floor joists to let it gravity drain into my sewer pipe or setting up a sump pump at the same time to handle it.

I had a thought though...if the dehumidifier is making water from the air would it be as pure as RO water? could I store it and use it instead of flushing it?

Anybody tried or tested this? I guess I could jsut get a dehumidifier and test the water it produces...but wanted to see what my fellow Wetarms had to say!

My dehumidifier has an internal pump that pumps to my sink drain. It's pulling over 4 gallons per day. :shock:

I was wondering the same as you, but also wondering if the water contains any harmful metals. The best way would be to send it through your ro/di. A tds meter and a copper test would tell us something. I'm pretty sure I have the copper test kit laying around somewhere.

Just thinking I seem to be throwing a lot of the water out from the Dehumidifer...just wonder I analyze it for ph comes returning around 5.5 more or less and the ppm is 0.

So my ? Is can I use this the water to mix my nutes up?

Back