Demonic Fish from Hell

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
So I put four fishtraps in my 29 a day ago and my lil Fiji Blue Devil has not gone in one yet. So I stopped feeding the tank --the only food is in the traps. Now that I have stopped feeding he is going around the tank biting corals --purely out of spite! Also, he has almost killed my 2 year old green plate !

BTW, this fish has never bothered any of the other fish in my tank.

fishtraps.jpg

Last edited:
I had to remove all the rock from my tank in order to catch the blue devil plaguing my tank.

Fish are much smarter than we give them credit for...unfortunately, you may have to resort to taking some rocks out.

Sorry to hear about your troubles Sen, your tank looks hilarious though, it kinda has a trash filled reef look.

guess the fish is living up to its name as a devil lol, and i rememberbreakind down my tank to take out a damn damcel ughhh but had to be done

Got'em!

Earlier today the fish picked up a rock 20x his size (seriously) and dropped in right on my $80 plate coral. Arrgghh!

Lessons learned:

• Yes, sometimes the trap doesn't work and you have to take all the rock out. I've been there --twice. But sometimes the traps do work.
  • Use several traps!
  • Bait them with food.
  • Do NOT feed the tank. Let them get real hungry.
  • Patience. The fish would not go near the traps for a day. He went in a little only after two days and after the lights went out he went in all the way for the Sushi roe and got trapped
  • Put a big piece of cardboard on one side of the tank so you can sneak up without scaring him away.
  • Once he's in the trap move like lighting. I had a dottyback a year ago wiggle out of the trap when I grabbed for him.

Glad you got:D him. I am new to the forum (hello by the way!). Last week I had to wreck my whole reef to get a sail fin tang out of my87 g tank. Then after following a thread here I took someone's tip and found a place where I could most easily divide my rock and placed glass lids in between then I chased my yellow tang to one side of the tank, closed the glass off to block him and nabbed him with a net after removing a few corals and a rock or two on that side. Thanks for the suggestion whoever it was!

Paul

Back