Deresa Clams

sailfin

What reef tank?
Does anyone have a good source for larger, 5-6 in, clams. Mainly colorful deresa or squamosa. I like the maxima clams, but hear they are hard to keep. I plan on gettin one or two for Christmas.

Keep a reefin' :sfish:

Not sure on your direct question.

But i have had croecea and maxima with little to no trouble for almost 2 years now.

bv

By way that store is in atlanta thats just there website.

Its off exit 265 then a couple more turns when you are heading south on 75 towards atlanta....

Don't know how I missed this...

In addition to the 4 T. maximas left, I've also got three T. derasa clams that are right around 3.5-4" or so. They've put on a half inch in the 6 months I've had them; you can see the new shell growth.

Two of them are pretty nice and I can let one go for $45, one is not quite as nice (though it should color up, as they're all from the same source and I think it's just in a slightly worse spot) I can let go for $35. All aquacultured.

Derasa clams do best on a sand bed and do well under less intense lighting, whereas the croceas and maximas prefer to be on rockwork and need high light levels.

Let me know if you're interested and I can bring one with tomorrow.

That was a great place that is somewhat local. I think that we should always post when one of us is going so if anyone else wanted to go they could. I will definitely be going after the new year when some money is more available. I will also take cash next time since it was so inviting to just charge it all!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for driving us down Brandon.

It was a great store!!!
My acro looks better than it did at the store, I expected it to be less colorful in my tank but it was just as bright. Its a little fuzzier in my tank, I assume thats a good thing. I took a pic but it doesnt look good in the pic
c.

sorry my pic didnt work, I loaded some under my gallery under misc pics, I also put a pic of that harlequin shrimp brandon.

Sorry man I forgot to push process. they should be up there now. The red shows up ok but the blue looks white in the pics

Nice millepora. I just got some brown acros in I'm waiting to color up...a couple of them show some promise. One appears to be a purple-tipped (possibly A. nasuta) and one I'm pretty sure is an A. secale with white polyps.

Back