Diamond Goby and Algae Blenny?

Brian_G

overly obsessed
Well i was at the LFS today and i was looking at getting another diamond goby. I had one a few weeks ago and it jumped. i want to get another one and put light diffuser over my tank to keep it in.

At the LFS i asked about it and they said it most likely jumped because of the algae blenny.

If i added the light diffuser, do you think that the algae blenny would stress the diamond goby out til death?

they are awesome fish and I would definitely like one.

Huh?? IMO, I don't think the blenny had anything to do with the flying leap. I've had a jumper myself (also a Diamond goby). One way to help introduce a new fish is to turn out the tank lights just before you release him. Allow your other fishes to "go to bed". That way, when the lights come on again the next day, the new arrival will simply "be there" without the drama of the release.

actually, i introdused him after the lights went out for that reason. so he had 12 hours to find a nice hole to hide in.

you think it would be okay to try another one?

I've seen blennies that were pretty aggressive toward gobies.WHY?? I have no idea.
But I would say that its a possibility.

What kind of blenny is it? I've got a tailspot blenny, and introduced a diamond goby a couple weeks ago-- lights on-- without a problem. Maybe it's just luck of the draw?

I do know, though, that diamond gobies are definitely jumpers. Sometimes they just do it for no reason.

Well it could have not been the blenny. It could have been the yellow eye Kole tang I got rid of.

It jumped durring the night.

I don't think the blenny and the goby ever met that I saw.

Back