Diamond Goby

cumminz

Reefing newb
I got one of these guys yesterday and read that he may need to be fed mysys? Also, i want a mandarin also, can i have both?

I have a Diamond that eats anything that I feed. good luck with the new guy. Also He might jump the first couple nights so keep an eye on him !!!!

Well, he was still in here this morning and he did eat a piece of mysys i put right next to his House. will a mandarin be ok with him?

Diamond gobies don't need anything special in their diet, they will eat the same stuff as your other fish, and they are compatible with mandarins, but unless you have a mature tank with a fuge that produces a lot of pods, I wouldn't get one, or it would quickly starve in your tank as most mandarins will only eat live foods. If you can find one at your LFS that eats frozen foods (and make the LFS show you it eats frozen), then you'd be okay.

If you mean will a mandarin get along with the goby than the answer is,yes....but.......

A mandarin really needs a larger,well matured system with plenty of live rock preferably with a refugium to survive long term.There main diet is copepods and IMO,a 50g. will not support enough pods unless the mandarin is taking frozen mysis.You'll have a better chance if you find one that is eating frozen mysis.,the chances are slim,though.

i thought i read that the same species fighted. I will make sure before i buy one to SEE MYSELF that he does eat mysys. how much mysys should my diamond eat?

Back