Diamond Goby

oh k make sure you look after that shrimp since he doesnt have a goby he can get eaten very easily or fight other shrimp if he bigger then them

we have one of those gobies all he does is sift the sand. Anything to big he will move to another part of the tank... they love to make burrows in the sand and sleep in there at night. they will eat frozen food and pellets when they are hungry well atleast ours does

heres pretty much what my PS looks like
apistolshrimp.jpg

Only certain pistol shrimp will only pair up with certain species of gobies, you might not have the correct types to pair up.

Also, the crushed coral substrate is really damaging to their gills, so you might want to keep an eye on that. Also make sure that they are eating, they can starve to death because there isnt enough food in the sand to sustain one in most tanks.

When you said crushed coral, i was like "Uh-oh..." but in your pic, it looks just like aragonite. When people say crushed coral I'm thinking larger chunks of seashells and corals :)

He should be fine. I have maybe 1" of sand in my tank. He should be ok. Just make sure he's eating. Mine ate from the start. First thing he did as soon as I put him in was make his burrow, so that's normal. Nice li'l guy!

Damn Wonton, didn't you read?! :lol:

Ironically, I looked at the image again when I went to close it after a bit, and realized Oh wait...that's not HIS goby LOL

So are we worried that he might actually HAVE crushed coral? They're labelled 'sand sifters" for a reason...it's how they get more food. Mine does nothing all day except sift sand...nonstop.

my crushed coral not as fine a sand but not huge chunks its kinda pretty small chunkc and mine seems to take a mouthful eat crap and clean then just spit the rocks back out
but tonight he caved a rock in on himself well making his burrow a little to big luckily i saved him and hes fine now but now he will have to make another burrow

I hope your rock is sitting on the glass, not the sand or you are going to be facing more rockslides which could cause a tank breakdown.

it one of the white & orange ones and i have a yellow watchmen? but my pistol shrimp is a **** with gobys doesn't seem to want to pair just wants to ride solo it seems and i have crushed coral bottom with some sand so i shouldn't have the sand problem i hope.....

I dont think he will be able to sift the coral I have all sand and mine really keeps it stirred up so it doesnt get toxic. He is really fun to watch making piles all over the place then moving them all back again later.

Mine tries to jump out pretty much every night so if you dont have a top on you might want to consider making one! They are famous for jumping out.

He also likes to eat frozen mysis or the mixed frozen pieces that I feed.

Back